Go to 6.5 bullet

I have shot more 0 groups with the 120smk at 100yds than the others. Best group for me though at 300 was the 142smk At .354 second was the 147eldm @ .590. The smk was shot in calm conditions the eldm was shot in 11-18mph shifting winds and I have repeated it several times in various conditions. I cannot shoot the 142's into that small in the same conditions as the 147's. But it does shoot tighter in ideal conditions for me

I've shot a lot of Hornady eldx and they shoot well for me, what is everyone's go to 6.5 bullet for tiny groups? I've kicked around the sierras and eldm I know they have a few different weights but have never ventured past the eldx. Targets or game doesn't matter. Pick 1 bullet you would try first no matter what 6.5 caliber you tried because it's a forgiving projectile to work a load up with. 1/8 twist
I've shot a lot of Hornady eldx and they shoot well for me, what is everyone's go to 6.5 bullet for tiny groups? I've kicked around the sierras and eldm I know they have a few different weights but have never ventured past the eldx. Targets or game doesn't matter. Pick 1 bullet you would try first no matter what 6.5 caliber you tried because it's a forgiving projectile to work a load up with. 1/8 twist

I also have tried a lot of projectiles for my 6.5-284 and now have settled in with the 130gr Swift Scirocco. Groups well with a couple powders that I was never able to do with other brands.

Surprised that three pages in no one has mentioned the Barnes TTSX 129 gr projectiles. I have worked up and shot the Hornady ELD X 143 gn and it is accurate but I haven't harvested any game with it. I've heard mixed things about it's performance on game and have 4 boxes of Barnes that I'm going to load and try.

Have tried several bullets, i havent had much luck with the eldx tho i havent given up. For hunting ive started using the sierra game changer in the 130 gr. It shoots very well in both my 6.5s

My rifle likes berger 140 vld 1 1/2 group at 500 yards tried hornady 143 eld x no good I have a xbolt long range

I shoot 147 eldm for 1000 yard compatition. I'm my 6.5 creed long throated with h4350 I get 2850 fps and have shot a 10 shot group under 4 inches in a match. For hunting rifle in 6.5saum I'm going to use the ttsx Barnes. If I were shooting long range I would use berger hvld or hybrid. I like Barnes for hunting. Never seen one fail. Just wish they would get a better bc bullet. Shep

140 Berger Elite Hunter or VLD. Both shoot well for me. Elite hunter shoots better for me when held back to magazine length for my .260
VLD a tad better when loaded long. Both sub .50 MOA.

I've gotten good groups from the 147 eld. However, it takes more work than a 140 hybrid. If I was looking for just target shooting and easy work up, I go with a 140 hybrid and the appropriate Hodgdon powder for the case.

140gr ELITE HUNTER, BERGER: 6.5CM, 6.5x284, 264WM
140gr RDF, NOSLER: 6.5CM, 6.5x284, PRC, 260, 264WM
140gr ELDM, HORNADY: 6.5CM, PRC, 260, 264WM
147gr ELDM, HORNADY: 6.5x284, PRC, 264WM
150gr SMK, SIERRA: 264WM
130gr TSMK, SIERRA: 6.5CM, 260, GRENDEL
123gr ELDM, HORNADY: GRENDEL
(Go to's I n that order)

The Lapua 136 Scenar L is the most consistent bullet I've measured. All the same length and weight. They don't have the BC of the Bergers but are every bit as accurate as the Bergers at short range. I load them straight out of the box.

Berger 140 gr. Vld target

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.