Glove suggestions?

Rilow

Looking for warm gloves for down to single digit temps or at least the teens. I trap off of UTVs and can't find gloves to keep hands warm while driving. Also looking for waterproof. Anybody have any suggestions? Would like to go with glove instead of mitts. And would like to keep under $100 if possible. Been looking at fish monkey yeti ice fishing gloves if anybody has experience with them appreciate your thoughts.

Wish I knew. I will say, steer clear of the KUIU ones. Can't remember actual model but $100 range and they now reside in my truck as beaters. Colder then plain unlined leather. Worst gloves ever. I like the rest of KUIUs stuff though.

Wish I knew. I will say, steer clear of the KUIU ones. Can't remember actual model but $100 range and they now reside in my truck as beaters. Colder then plain unlined leather. Worst gloves ever. I like the rest of KUIUs stuff though.
Thanks for that cause I looked at them

Be warned, my days of single digit and negative temps are behind me (I was stationed in Fairbanks for 3 years).... BUT. These are my winter gloves that I use for skiing and plowing on the 4-wheeler (we ski every weekend and I end up plowing on average almost once a week), I use them often. They have a goretex liner and actually work. I'm NOT a believer in goretex, but for whatever reason these gloves actually do the job.
I bought them because the price was right and I figured I could chuck them if they didn't work. That was 5 years ago and they are still holding strong.
I feel that they would work in single digits. I have horrible circulation and I'd still trust them (I'd probably need a hand warmer).

Black Diamond Patrol Gloves.

I live in Montana on the west side of the Continental Divide and I drive my 4 wheeler quite a bit during winter, we see -15 to -30 degrees fairly often and I ride my machine with these gloves and my hands stay fairly warm unless I drive for hours at a stretch. I've tried all kinds of gloves and these are the warmest I've found. They wont let you thread a needle while you're wearing them but you can handle an ATV/UTV with no problem. I use waterproofing oil to make sure that they stay dry inside.

1613004639168.png

Black Diamond Patrol Gloves.

I live in Montana on the west side of the Continental Divide and I drive my 4 wheeler quite a bit during winter, we see -15 to -30 degrees fairly often and I ride my machine with these gloves and my hands stay fairly warm unless I drive for hours at a stretch. I've tried all kinds of gloves and these are the warmest I've found. They wont let you thread a needle while you're wearing them but you can handle an ATV/UTV with no problem. I use waterproofing oil to make sure that they stay dry inside.

View attachment 250433
Was looking at the black Diamond brand they seem to have good reviews. How do you find the fit when comes to size

They seem to fit pretty close to their sizing chart. Measuring my hand as they show in their sizing chart I get 9 inches around my hand. They show 9 inches as being the largest hand for a medium sized glove or the smallest sized hand for a large glove. I bought the large size and it worked out very well. I have just enough looseness to have dead air around my finger tips but the glove fits my hand with just a touch of contact around the palm and back of my hand.

Trout when ya get them done like to see, they sound good.
I watched a couple YouTube videos on it Including one where the guy shows you how to make the template. I am kind of a perfectionist and I suspect its going to take me about 200 hours to make my first pair and I still won't be proud of them. If you're out there trapping it sounds like you've got the line on the raw materials.

In my very unhumble opinion, for anything below freezing, mitts rule! I can only vouch for having these for one season but I have been THRILLED. They came with a small package of NikWax for waterproofing. I applied a liberal coat and threw in the dryer for a few minutes which made the wax soak in. I've been coating with NikWax after every hunt and they have done phenomenal.
I would size up if you want to run with liners.

1613096453555.png

https://www.rei.com/product/177846/rei-co-op-guide-insulated-mittens

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.