Glock 10mm bear loads

Bear hunting with a 10mm? I can't recommend a load, but I can recommend a gun. Choose one with a tapered barrel and no front sight, so when a ****ed off bear crams it up your obama, it won't hurt so much.

who knew handguns and proctologist's requirements were the same, not to big around.

After reading all of this I am more convinced that Bear Spray (or a heavy caliber rifle) are the best bet where Grizz/Brown involved. A pistol round is just going to make it angrier. Black bears .... just about anything will bring them down. So have at it with a .243 if you like.

Great recommendations everyone. My best recommendation is to ONLY use good quality factory ammo for ANY self defense. Practice and play with your reloads but quality control and reliability for ones life is trusted better with factory! Safe hunting!
You seriously think that mass produced factory ammo is more reliable than reloads? That is just hilarious!

If you carry a 10mm as a back up, this is the medicine for any occasion.

Attachments

• Bear Medicine.jpg
    Bear Medicine.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
Have a G20 that I use for Bear/Deer hunting. Starline nickel plated brass, Double Tap 200 Grain Gas Checked hard cast bullets, over 10 grains of 800X given that I use a 5" Lone Wolf aftermarket barrel, am getting about 1400 FPS at 6,000 FT. elevation. This has been my best Hand Load ever for Knocking the Black Bears off their feet on the first shot. But usually give them another, just because its a Bear......Good Luck.

Last edited:
I vote cutting edge solids. Personally I feel the 10mm is the better option than the super mag revolvers. Why? The massive recoil they produce. A charging bear is going to cover some serious ground between shots given the much slower split times. 10mm is going to run much faster and flatter. Much faster follow ups and overall greater fire power. Unless you hit spine or brain you're gonna need multiple shots anyways. I do like the revolver for one reason only....you can press the barrel to the fur and argue for your life. Then again there's the Glock stand off device by I think it made by dark horse that you can add

Why not drive a 150 gr Jack hammer at 1300+

Last edited:
Going to try the Buffalo Bore 220 gr in my Glock. next yr going to Wyoming and will be packing it. Looking for a respectable handload since I have not reloaded in awhile. Do the 10mm Glock prefer any brass brand over another ? Thank you. Ed
No Hollow Points for Grizzly Bears !
Hard Cast Only 200gr or 220 Gr in Glock for Bear protection !