Glock 10mm bear loads

Best of luck on your hunt. If you haven't already considered, please keep the gun accessible, not buried in your pack. Also, carefully weigh which holster to use. I personally like a chest holster because I can get at it while curled up in a fetal position even if the bear is already chewing on my head. Don't expect a clean fight. It is good to see that you are going to be prepared.

Use that then, I know that's what I carry. Not a Glock but buffalo bore. I haven't started reloading for mine yet, though I will. I live really close to Rim Rock Bullets so that's what I'll be using. 220gr, I'm not sure what powder yet. Good luck and stay safe.
I have been using accurate #9 for years and Hornady 200 grain xtp. 1150 over the chrony with five inch barrel.

I carry a 10mm a lot and have many including all the Glocks. My personal fave is my G29SF w/Truglo fibre optic night sights and lazer guide rod, with G20 mags and grip extensions. All the advice you have gotten on hardcasts is spot on from my experience. I alternate between 180 Black Talons and 200 hardcasts at the advice of a couple Brownie guide friends (and generally alternate Underwood Xtreme penetrators with the previous two - only black bears and cats where we hunt (and wolves probably soon if the libtards have their way)). Those Alaska boys also carry an extra mag with all 200 or 220 hardcasts. Course, one of them made the point that if you have to go to the second mag, it will likely be a reload in heaven and you should have had a 45-70 guide gun with you too.

I can't figure out if you are using for hunting or defense. If it's defense you will be facing Grizz in Wyoming. Do you really think 10mm is enough medicine for a Grizz? I would not want to be the one to test this.

I actually get the best penetration performance from Underwood 200 grain XTPs. They poke round holes all the way through bears without any trouble.

I have a EEA Witness Hunter in 6 inch barrel and Kenai Chest rig. very powerful and very accurate shooter. Use hot loads 200 and 220 grainers I relaod these as well.

Between my brother and I we have been reloading and hunting with th glock 20, 29, 40 (7 of them between us) for over 25 years now.

Our experience so far is:

Winchester nickel, starliner, Remington brass all have variations in capacity.

Pick 1 brand of brass, measure and sort by weight (1000 cases)

Pick out 100 or more that are identical +/- 1 grain AFTER trimming to identical length

A 180 grain or 200 grain hard cast homemade bullet properly coated and load to as maximum velocity as you can get a 4" group at 100 yards

7 elk, 3 bear, 12 deer have died quickly with a heart/lung/shoulder shot

Complete penetration broadside of a roosevelt elk, mule deer, whitetail or black tail is EXPECTED with a broadside shot. @ 100 - 125 yards

A texas heart shot on a mature elk will find the bullet under the skin on the far shoulder after traversing a 900lb elk.

This is with a 180 OR 200 grain hard cast coated at 1200-1300fps

More bullet weight is ABSOLUTELY not necessary

Even on a 350lb black bear the bullet will go through BOTH sides of the skull, the ribs, the paunch and EXIT between the rear legs!

180 grains is enough

170 grain factory loaded Winchester Silvertips will go through an elks SHOULDERS HEART LUNGS at 75 yards
leaving a football shaped mess in the lungs heart

The glock 40 with red dot is a fine 125 yard deer elk weapon!

And

3 shots drt

2 shots drt

I would not know what 1 shot is

I ALWAYS double tap a pistol

Nuff said

I carry a gen 3 G20 in 10mm, heavier recoil spring and metal rod with a 6" Lone wolf barrel. Hard cast 200 or 220's, Doubletap gas checked or Underwood loads, also the Underwood extreme hunter or penetrator solids can work well with this setup. I keep it in a Kifaru Koala light chest pack that I also have my survival pouch attached. Easy to carry and deploy. This is from Glock's website in reference to using lead bullets "No, we recommend the use of jacketed ammunition only". I have read folks using lead through factory barrels but you need to keep them clean if you do. Glock barrels build up lead quickly and when this happens can alter chambering and pressures so they do not recommend using lead. I read one forum where they recommended cleaning the barrel every 10 rounds after using lead.

Going to try the Buffalo Bore 220 gr in my Glock. next yr going to Wyoming and will be packing it. Looking for a respectable handload since I have not reloaded in awhile. Do the 10mm Glock prefer any brass brand over another ? Thank you. Ed

I read this some where, quote "Unfortunately, no weapon less than having a lanyard to fire it will ease the pucker factor when encountering a large grizzly" but a bare minimum would be a 44 magnum with 300 grain hard cast lead or copper, but preferably a .454 casull , 45-70, 475 linebaugh, 480 ruger or 500 sw. With heavy for caliber hard cast lead or copper.

In ten years of shooting 10mm I have not seen anything convincing that super heavy hardcast with fancy shapes are any better at penetrating than good ole factory FMJs in 200 or 180. There is no justification for all the fuss and possible feeding probs caused by the super heavy hard casts.. Nor do I see a difference between 180 and 200 fmj as the 180 allows a tad more powder for a bit more power. I use exclusively AA#9 powder. In my daily carry I use a AA#8 which is a 50/50 AA#7 and AA#9 with the 155gr hollow points. Remember 10mm is light for power in the pistol world and the main reason is for hi cap mags of 15 etc. Be prepared to shoot hi frequency ..... many rounds. Otherwise 44mag or 454 casull etc is the far better choice.