glass bedding and barrel crowning

82ndreddevil

I have a Remington 700 Sendero that consistently shoots about an MOA. A well known gunsmith was telling me that he could do some glass bedding and do some work on the crown to perhaps improve the accuracy. What effects do these two modifications bring to the table?

I have a Remington 700 Sendero that consistently shoots about an MOA. A well known gunsmith was telling me that he could do some glass bedding and do some work on the crown to perhaps improve the accuracy. What effects do these two modifications bring to the table?

A LOT. But I suggest you consider better bedding compound than Acra-glass or whatever it is called.

I think you'll find Marine Tex, Devcon, and ProBed 2000 to be among the best there is.

I like ProBed 2000 and Marine Tex best. Devcon Steel works really well too.

Crown is often overlooked and very critical and cheap to do.

in a pinch jb weld works nice for bedding. i bed the first 3" of the barrel and full length of the reciever. most of the time it will tighten your groups more than most other mods gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts