Glad I Looked Through a Leupold MK5 Today!

DoneNOut

5-25 model and it was disappointing. Toilet paper tube field of view, horrible eye box, nothing to get impressed about. My VX5 HD 3-15x44 knocks the pants off that MK5.

Two 5-30x range scopes that have impressed me are the Vortex Razor Gen II and Burris XTR III. I even like the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II 3-21X50.

Why doesn't anybody talk about the Toilet Paper Tube aspect of the MK5?

5-25 model and it was disappointing. Toilet paper tube field of view, horrible eye box, nothing to get impressed about. My VX5 HD 3-15x44 knocks the pants off that MK5.

Two 5-30x range scopes that have impressed me are the Vortex Razor Gen II and Burris XTR III. I even like the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II 3-21X50.

Why doesn't anybody talk about the Toilet Paper Tube aspect of the MK5?
They literally have the exact same glass

My experience would not agree with you either. I looked through a Mk 5 and Mk 8, and both solidly bested my Mk 4 (LRT and ERT models) and my VX7-L.

Toilet paper tube field of view, horrible eye box, nothing to get impressed about.
I have a scar above my right eye from a Sightron S II that might qualify for that description.

I don't believe you are all wrong and the thing I shot was right. I'm going to call Leupold tomorrow and see if I can get a demo of a MK 5. Like, a real one then.

The dude was a laser beam with his 300 PRC out to 950. I hit dead nuts at 730yds when I shot. So he got a good tracking Chinese copy,eh?

I remember my MK4 from 2004 had a smaller FOV, but this dang thing…