Glad I buy ELDs in the 2000 box

TRG65

For my last 9 rounds that I was loading tonight I ran out of my last box of 147 ELDMs. I like the 2000 count because on sale or with a discount code they have been coming in under .30 per bullet. Next time I get I doubt it.

However, I checked my OAL and it was about .005 shorter for the new box. I then checked the ogive to base, and it was .010 longer. So to get the same jump I had been running, my OAL is now .015 shorter. They are separated and will get shot for velocity and group just to check. But that was more difference than I expected.

Your load will hopefully remain the same, at least mine has from lot to lot of elds, but you will have to tweak your bc

Its really no different to powder batches, there is always going to be slight variations between them in the swaging process.

I recon it will change you group size, let us know how it goes please, would be interested to see!

I noticed a change like yours from one box to another. I guess if this load shoots , I too will buy in bulk.

I finally got around to back to back testing the bullets from the two boxes. The new box is going 28fps faster. When I calculated it out in quickload after tweaking things to match it was a 5% increase in pressure. When I tried my other standby load. It got dangerous, the increase with that second load worked out to be closer to 10%, then with the 95 deg temps today, it became self depriming.

do folks have issues bearing surface or base to ogive length with Berger or Sierra lot to lot? I don't remember ever having an issue like this when I shot Berger. What is the most consistent lot to lot manufacturer?

I went to Hornady because of the lower price point, but maybe I should go back.

IMO since Berger has become part of Capstone, the lot to lot consistency has gotten WAY better.

The most consistent factory bullets that I have seen has been Lapua Scenars.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.