Give me your ideas!

Its not done it was just cut with a 1:12 twist from Howa which is very limiting.
Then you can use heavier bullet. Look at Sierra reloading manual. (Sierra Manual shows 1-8 twist) Howa actions: "Measure between the screw holes on the bottom of the rifle. Long is 7 3/8" and short action is 6 1/2". I am thinking you have a long action. J E Custom set out what each action length will do, and the interchange between the cartridge to bolt face. It would be fairly easy to change to a 22/250AI cartridge with heaver bullets with excellence velocity. So you either stay with what you have or change out barrel to a faster twist.
The problem is so many twist rates out there.
God bless J E Custom.

I don't believe you will reliably achieve 160 grain projectiles near 3000fps from a7-08 size case, even blown out, without a very long barrel.

I run 3070fps with a162 Amax in my 7wsm with a27 inch barrel, using 68 grains H1000.

Maybe you could do something impressive with the 155 absolute hammer bullet.

That's a short action with the .470 bolt face.

within those parameters...do something different!

.35-284 win gets my idea vote. A short action .35 whelen really. They make a 180 ttsx for Flat shooting needs and there's just something about heavy round nose bullets that is timelessly awesome. Few others will have one. I kind of want one now.

I don't believe you will reliably achieve 160 grain projectiles near 3000fps from a7-08 size case, even blown out, without a very long barrel.

I run 3070fps with a162 Amax in my 7wsm with a27 inch barrel, using 68 grains H1000.

Maybe you could do something impressive with the 155 absolute hammer bullet.
It seemed a little far fetched to me too, but still like the idea of the caliber

That's a short action with the .470 bolt face.

within those parameters...do something different!

.35-284 win gets my idea vote. A short action .35 whelen really. They make a 180 ttsx for Flat shooting needs and there's just something about heavy round nose bullets that is timelessly awesome. Few others will have one. I kind of want one now.
7mm saw is pretty different

22 cm. or 6mm cm. I hand load all of my rifles and We can't use 22 caliber for hunting big game, deer and elk etc. in Washington State I'm thinking my next build is going to be a 6mm ai. I know some old timers that have a lot of 257 Robert's and 7x57 new and used brass. I'll loose some in the fireforming process but that's ok. Then the little bird on my shoulder keeps pecking my ear 6mm cm.
You will love 6cm if you go that route....No man bun necessary.

For a long time I didn't have much use for a 6mm, or 243, because what was being put on the shelves didn't have much velocity in the 100gr+ area. So I stayed away from that caliber. Over the years I watch the 6mm come alive, and achieving some great velocities in the heavier bullets. So with all the work put in on the 6mm, and what it has done at long ranges, it has renewed my interests, and I don't have one presently, but getting one built. The recoil is light and it with the newer develop cartridges have the velocity I look for. With the newer developed all copper bullets develop by Hammer it look like a winner. The one thing is you will need to speed up the twist rate on the barrel. I am going to a 1-7 twist rate. I am only looking use the rifle for varmints, and antelope, deer at longer ranges. Even with that I will hold my range to about 700 yds. The other is I am not a big fan of supper heavy bullets. I see why and understand why they are being used them. Just my personal feeling. To me velocity overcomes a lot of problems, if accurate.

7mm. Punches well above its wheight. The 260 rem is worth it as well. I have a friend that drives tacks with his at 800 and still deadly out to 1k.

I just built, a 6 XC on my Rem 700 Short action w/ a 1-7.5 Twist, shoots,..
80 grain Varmint Bullets, easily Sub, 1/2 MOA and the 108 Elite Hunters, Cloverleaf, in the 3's !
Criterion, Heavy Sporter, 24 inch, Barrel.
I'm covered for, Varmints to Deer / Antelope and, Feeds,.. Perfectly !
Agree with, Mike M, above, 6 mm's are,... VERY,.. useful / versatile !

I just built, a 6 XC on my Rem 700 Short action w/ a 1-7.5 Twist, shoots,..
80 grain Varmint Bullets, easily Sub, 1/2 MOA and the 108 Elite Hunters, Cloverleaf, in the 3's !
Criterion, Heavy Sporter, 24 inch, Barrel.
I'm covered for, Varmints to Deer / Antelope and, Feeds,.. Perfectly !
Agree with, Mike M, above, 6 mm's are,... VERY,.. useful / versatile !
Sometimes agreeing with me can get you into trouble. With all the updating of the 6mm from where it started is impressive. Thanks to the people that expanded the use of the 6mm. I am looking forward to getting my rifle and see what it can do.