Give me your ideas!

Is the barrel done or do you just want to change it? You can rechamber the barrel if staying with .224 caliber. 22/250AI. What I am not sure of is if the action is long or short? If long and having to change out the barrel, then that open up a whole lot of possibilities. You are saying you are looking at hunting Deer and antelope I would step up a caliber or two. Something in 6mmAI Rem , and a faster twist (7 to 1) and go to hammer bullets. The case is longer than the 243 for more powder. Case fire formed from 6mm Rem cases. Barrel length 26"+. Hard choice!
Its not done it was just cut with a 1:12 twist from Howa which is very limiting.

6mm GT for accuracy and general fun, including deer and antelope. .260AI if you're wanting more of a hunting round, including longer ranges. Both are standard bolt face, so no changes needed with your bolt. Enjoy whatever you build.

I personally like the input, it informs me of calibers i didn't know of or wouldn't have thought of before
Caliber or chambering? This site has tons of information and the site search or Google search is your friend. Anyway, for your bolt face, depending on your action (SA/LA) ...

Short actions with a bolt face .Dia of .470 +/-
225 Winchester, 22/250 Remington, 6mm Norma BR, 243 Win, 6mm Creedmoor, 250 Savage, 260 Rem, 6.5/284 Norma, 6.5 Creedmoor 7/08 Rem, 284 win, 300 Savage, 308 Win, 338 Federal, 35 Rem, and the 358 Winchester.

Long actions with a bolt face .DIA of .470 +/-
220 Swift, 6mm Rem, 240 Weatherby Mag, 257 Roberts, 25-06 Rem,
6.5x55 Swedish, 270 Win, 7x57 Mauser, 7x64 Brenneke, 280 Rem, 30/06 Springfield, 8mm Mauser, 338/06 A Square, and the 35 Whelen.

The above is an extract from a legacy post that @J E Custom left for us, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bolt-face-diameters.36661/

22 cm. or 6mm cm. I hand load all of my rifles and We can't use 22 caliber for hunting big game, deer and elk etc. in Washington State I'm thinking my next build is going to be a 6mm ai. I know some old timers that have a lot of 257 Robert's and 7x57 new and used brass. I'll loose some in the fireforming process but that's ok. Then the little bird on my shoulder keeps pecking my ear 6mm cm.

I know it's hard to make a choice. I did the same thing some months back. So I am building 6mm/280AI rifle. Just step into the wildcat class. It's one caliber I don't have, and have been interested in it for a long time. Just most were slow boats to China type. If they don't achieve 3200+fps in the 100gr class, I am not interested in them.

I know it's hard to make a choice. I did the same thing some months back. So I am building 6mm/280AI rifle. Just step into the wildcat class. It's one caliber I don't have, and have been interested in it for a long time. Just most were slow boats to China type. If they don't achieve 3200+fps in the 100gr class, I am not interested in them.
Looking for the 3000 or close to class myself just in a heavier bullet

I'm with just_jon, 250 AL
A 250 savage blowed outI
I built one many years ago for p-dogs shooting.
I fire form on the range at dogs!!!