Give me your ideas!

6mm BR 3,000fps 105gr Bergers, or do you want something in a larger caliber than 6.5? Thought about going lower to a .20, but you would have to change the bolt face, since you already had a .224 and a have 6.5 you either go with a 6mm BR or a 6X284. Fast or Faster

6.5 Weatherby RPM
Not trying to be cynical or cutting your suggestion short. This one is on my radar also but isn't going to fit in OP's short action (I assume it's a SA). I owned and shot a 6.5-284Norma for several years and it is a darn good round. Outside of competition it's not that tough on barrels. Never competed with it. I did occasionally get a carbon ring just outside the chamber but even those can be prevented if you know about 'em beforehand and use the correct cleaning techniques and solutions/chemicals. Farthest one shot kill on a nice whitetail buck was 723yds and I had about 20 members of a neighboring hunting club watching. You could feel the ground rumble as their jaws hit the ground! LoL.
Whatever the 6.5-284Norma is, the RPM is better/more. The case dimensions are exactly the 6.5-284, just with a body that's .4" longer. MORE of a good thing and the velocities I've seen quoted are anemic, IMO. I got those with the Norma, and then some.
The .284 Win was mentioned and again, a great round but better suited in a LA, especially if you set the throat up for the 180gn class projectiles. They would be loonnngggg but dead sexy!