Getting pumped for Elk!.... Even though it's archery lol. NM & Utah

16C is a great unit for elk. We've had more rain than usual this summer, so the tanks should be full. The Gila has lots of black bears. Good luck.

16C is a great unit for elk. We've had more rain than usual this summer, so the tanks should be full. The Gila has lots of black bears. Good luck.
Great to hear! I was originally going to focus in the timber country to the south. But I'll be start out in the junipers first. I want to hunt some new terrain that I've never hunted before.

16C in NM & Central Mtns Manti in Utah
The central Manti is my Elkhunting country, I have horses if you need some packing and riding and scouting. Going to Alaska Monday on a Caribou hunt. When I get back I'll be going up quite a bit.

The central Manti is my Elkhunting country, I have horses if you need some packing and riding and scouting. Going to Alaska Monday on a Caribou hunt. When I get back I'll be going up quite a bit.
That's awesome Bill! Thank you for the kind gesture!! I'll definitely keep that in mind if I stick one solo and far from any roads!!

I ended up punching both of my elk tags! It was a great archery elk season. A 296" 5x6 in NM and a 326" 6x6 in UT.

4E6C7880-2DA3-4052-999E-3A3504CA841F.jpeg

814364FB-759B-4C0B-9301-C62873B47085.jpeg