Getting ES and SD down to single digits

If I may, the 1st, 4th, and 5th shots show the least vertical. If you have chrono speeds on those there may be something to learn. There might not be much of a future in looking at 1-2-3 as a great group if the speeds vary too much. I'm just saying look at the data and the target to get to the meat. I've also seen this happen where the earliest shots landed differently because of the shooter being intent and holding the rifle much more firmly. For later shots the shooter relaxes a bit.

Thanks Dirtrax. 1,2 and 3 were clustered up pretty nice right there at the center point and then I got nervous trying to really focus and slip the last 2 shots in there real tight and ended up pushing them outside. My chrono numbers have been most consistant shooting 66.2 grains. Going back out again to shoot with a friend. Will post results.

Got back from shooting. I shot 3 shots at a target braced up on the 500 yard gong stand. The bullet splatters shredded the paper target so I used the bullet holes and plugged them into RangeBuddy and got this result. I need to build a new target stand to shoot paper at 500. In all I am pretty happy with it. The mirage was a little bit tough but manageable. My rangefinder wanted 6.7MOA but 6.0 was the right correction. I need to figure out how to get them to agree.

Attachments

• target_image_146431220522316.jpg
    target_image_146431220522316.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 40
Got back from shooting. I shot 3 shots at a target braced up on the 500 yard gong stand. The bullet splatters shredded the paper target so I used the bullet holes and plugged them into RangeBuddy and got this result. I need to build a new target stand to shoot paper at 500. In all I am pretty happy with it. The mirage was a little bit tough but manageable. My rangefinder wanted 6.7MOA but 6.0 was the right correction. I need to figure out how to get them to agree.
With most of them you can adjust the BC and velocity to give you a true ballistic chart that will be much more accurate than the computer generated one which is based on averages and estimates.