getting bored

Seriously, I find the mystique of rifles like that awe-inspiring. I think any true hunter would feel the same. Congratulations on your accomplishments with it.

Barrel nut nailed it. The H&H has always been a dream gun for me. Whenever I need a pick-me-up i watch their production video on their website. My son brought me a H&H hat and other trinkets from the London store when he was there last year.

Hey, I am new to the forum and shoot a 1957, model 99 E Savage. This was my dads first gun he bought new. He only shot to kill and never target shot. So after 50 years it has only shot about 30 rounds, until this summer. I took it to a 300 yard range for some sighting in. It has an old weaver 3-9 power scope and after getting fresh ammo was happy to shoot a group of 3 within 2 inches @300 yards and just about decapitate a hanging bowling pin. With a 20 inch barrel I am not expecting to shoot past 1k but am anticipating shooting at a range nearby out to 800 just to see what the old iron's got. Glad I found this site. it is great to read all the long tales.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.