Getting a new rifle

TGVan

I have decided that the time has come for me to buy a new rifle. I have set my mind on the Savage 10t sr that is on sale at Cabelas right now. They have it listed in either. 308 or 6.5 creedmore. I am leaning towards the creedmore at the moment.

I have a axis compact in the 6.5 I am intended for my youngest daughter to use when she is old enough to hunt and I really like shooting that little thing. So now I want a full size adult version for myself.

Nothing wrong with the Creedmoor. Having ammunition commonality between you and your daughter is a double bonus. Unless you really want 308; nothing wrong with that either.

I would get a 6.5 Creedmoor. There's tons of ammo and components available for it. It has less recoil, less wind drift, and better long range ballistics than the .308 has.

I like the idea of ammo commonality with my daughter's rifle. I am thinking of 130, 135, or 140 grain bullets of some sort, so much to decide. I run 165s in the 30.06. I really need to find a bullet that is not going to break the bank loading practice rounds but still be able to have a highly effective hunting round at the same time. Maybe 130 or 140 SGKs over H4350. I will use it for mule deer and LR stump thumping.

I have an FCP-sr creed and it's accurate. It shoots factory 129 interlocks, 143 precision hunter, 140 black into half inch groups at 100. You won't go worng

Well I decided on Ruger American predator hunter in 6.5 Creedmore. I have to say that may have been the worst pick I could have made buying a rifle to date. I can't seem to bring my groups in closer that minute or pie plate, and it has a nasty problem of not wanting to feed ammo from mag to chamber. Looks like I am using the Axis to hunt with this year. I am a little disappointed in the ruger, I have heard nothing but good about them so far.

Most people don't seem to have too many problems with those so I would suggest starting with how the action is mounted in the stock. If your action is moving around in the stock that could cause both problems.

Well I decided on Ruger American predator hunter in 6.5 Creedmore. I have to say that may have been the worst pick I could have made buying a rifle to date. I can't seem to bring my groups in closer that minute or pie plate, and it has a nasty problem of not wanting to feed ammo from mag to chamber. Looks like I am using the Axis to hunt with this year. I am a little disappointed in the ruger, I have heard nothing but good about them so far.
Turn the lips of the magazine in or out. It probably will be out to let the bullet jump up out to the top of the rails.

Before bending the magazine up I would suggest that you take the action out of the stock and make sure that no rogue bits of plastic are keeping it from bedding in correctly. If it would group or feed there's probably more going on

I would get a 6.5 Creedmoor. There's tons of ammo and components available for it. It has less recoil, less wind drift, and better long range ballistics than the .308 has.
both have plenty of components available to assemble any loads. The 308 has more options for bullet weight! As far as ballistics here is the drop and wind drift charts I verified the other day in my 308 and 6.5 creedmoor.

Attachments

• 2DD9D324-7F1C-41D5-AE68-DE6D0A9DF71D.jpeg
    2DD9D324-7F1C-41D5-AE68-DE6D0A9DF71D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.