gentry brakes?

tharp

Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions about the gentry quiet muzzle brake. I am considering it for my 7mm mag.
I would also welcome feedback on kdf brakes, or other brakes that work well for you guys.
Thanks

I've got a Vias brake on both my .300 Ultra Mag and on my heavy barreled .338 Ultra Mag. The recoil on the .338 is reduced down to less than a 7MM Mag, and when I shot a few rounds thru it on a recent elk hunt without any ear protection it didn't affect my hearing any more than would be expected from firing a .270.

I have used two Vias brakes and loved their performance on recoil reduction but the one time I fired my 300 Ultra without putting my headphones back on (forgot) I thought I had permanently damaged my hearing. I have hunted all my life without 'ears' on but I would not consider shooting this w/o them.

Gentrys work I have one on a 7mag works fine. I had a Vias on another rifle they both work great. The quite brake is it the one that you can close the ports?? I shot a Savage that had a brake like that. If I remeber right it shot higher when the ports where closed then when opened?? Not sure why. Not sure if you can believe that August guy
wink.gif
Whats up buddy

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.