Gempro 250

This one is consistently inconsistent. it is weighing known numbers over by grains...not going to work.

At least my cheap Hornady one is consistent...even if it lies...Balance beams are just slow. I guess it will teach me to shoot as slow as I load...

This one is consistently inconsistent. it is weighing known numbers over by grains...not going to work.

At least my cheap Hornady one is consistent...even if it lies...Balance beams are just slow. I guess it will teach me to shoot as slow as I load...
Sorry, buddy! SUX that happened to you. I was extremely delicate and careful with mine in the short time I had it (except when I fast balled it into the garbage). LED lights only in the reloading room, no vents in there to mess with it, had a ferrite filter on the cord and it sat on a heavy granite square. It just died for some unknown reason within 6 months….same as @lancetkenyon said. I bit the bullet like a couple others said and got the A&D FX120I and it was the best bullet I ever swallowed. 😉
This might be something to consider for now, though…🤔

Sorry, buddy! SUX that happened to you. I was extremely delicate and careful with mine in the short time I had it (except when I fast balled it into the garbage). LED lights only in the reloading room, no vents in there to mess with it, had a ferrite filter on the cord and it sat on a heavy granite square. It just died for some unknown reason within 6 months….same as @lancetkenyon said. I bit the bullet like a couple others said and got the A&D FX120I and it was the best bullet I ever swallowed. 😉
This might be something to consider for now, though…🤔

Only problem with the balance beam i can see is i would do a review and then decide.

Only problem with the balance beam i can see is i would do a review and then decide.
For sure 👍. I've never owned one of Parker's 'tuned' scales (I almost said the magic words on this one just to check it out for myself), but the few reviews/videos I've seen look pretty decent.

Nothing but great reviews ive seen on the function, its the rest of the story I shied away from but like I said make your own decision.

So never thought about the fluorescent light. Reloading room has one overhead as the workshop. I guess it's by candle light or bust 🤣....wait

I typically turn it on and then do prep. Load primers, data books, cascade powder from 8lb to little container, etc. Have only had it do this once before. Turned it off and re-adjusted the legs and seemed to work fine until yesterday.

Thanks for the advice/reminders.

Confidence is definitely shaken. It is going to take a bit to gain it back.
Don't worry about your confidence....the blown primers will let you know! And take a rubber dead blow hammer along...to open your bolt...just in case!...or ship it to someone in 🇨🇦....no one would complain if they got a little extra Marijuana everytime!

Mine seems to be more stable on batteries. I flip the batteries on an hour prior. I use a RCBS Chargemaster to throw charges and the Gempro to verify. Sometimes it'll go 15 rounds, sometimes 50 without a wobble, but seldom get through a whole batch without some creeping. I keep close attention to the panless reading. If it changes, I just re-zero and re-tare and get back to it. Upgrading to an A&D is planned soon as the budget fits one.

I love mine. Very accurate. Unfortunately they are very sensitive. They need to warm up. There can be no airflow like a fan or a/c vent near by. I keep all electrical away from it. My phone included. And use led lighting. Flourescent lighting plays havoc with them. Once I figured out the quirks, mine is very accurate and repeatable. Good luck….
Everything Woodnut said plus don't get it too close to your press, they can sometimes problems as well. I had to move every digital scale that I tried off my bench and into a room without carpeting before they settled down, way too much trouble, I went back to a balance beam scale.

Good evening,

Anyone have one of these and it drifts on you?

Was trying to use it today and would not tare/zero. Would continuously give positive and negative numbers when it should return to zero.

Trouble shooting with all but a drop test.
Turned it off, unplugged, straightened power chord, re-zeroed, adjusted legs, took off the plates and put back, seemed to hold zero and then started to drift again.

Almost went to the fishes...
Just a word of advice Scrap them. I had two of the gem pro 250's and both went to the scrap pile. Not worth your time. Both started out fine but shortly after stopped working and are about as useful as joe Biden.
Went to the sartorius Entris 323 and never looked back.