Gel test Hammer vs Accubond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not work as well. You are welcome in advance.
Never seen guys baffled by BS so easily.
mono with crap BC (giant parachute drilled in its nose). I'm 100% sure that they are great at 350 to400 yards but LR bullets that will never be.
elk die easy so don't tell me you need massive penetration.
Hammer is an expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Apparently you didn't see the thread about an elk taken at 1400 yards with a hammer 260 grain and great terminal performance.

I did see it, I'm talking about the Original Post and staying on topic, And Elk Die Easy .........Really
If you look at who I quoted, it wasn't you I was referencing. It was the guy saying hammer bullets are "an expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist".

Last edited:
Once again I'm gonna say that it completely amazes me how the OP can get twisted in to the comment above The OP made a comparison with a fine Nosler with no mention of Elk but yet here we are, and by the way have you looked at any of the long range , Extreme long range or just regular old match bullets, Most all have a big parachute drilled into them

Not everything was directed at the OS.

I just don't see what Nitch they fill.
they are definitely intriguing but they don't do anything that existing bullets do not do for far less cash.
I did Bud it just didn't sound rite after I hit send, all apologies , But it was prolly a fluke as Elk die easy ;)

I've killed so many I can't count and yes they die easy.

[QUOTE="Fred3, post: 1941448, member:
[/QUOTE]

I have to say that you are the first person I ever heard saying that

Cape Buffalo "die easy" if you blow their brains to mush...other than that, not so much

Not everything was directed at the OS.

I just don't see what Nitch they fill.
they are definitely intriguing but they don't do anything that existing bullets do not do for far less cash.

Are you kin to MudRunner by chance ?

[QUOTE="Fred3, post: 1941448, member:

Cape Buffalo "die easy" if you blow their brains to mush...other than that, not so much
[/QUOTE]
He's probably using a 6.5 creedmoor, that's why they die so easy!!!

Ha ha couldn't help it.

He's probably using a 6.5 creedmoor, that's why they die so easy!!!

Ha ha couldn't help it.
[/QUOTE]
🤣🤣🤣🤣I'm Dead........ I was gonna say that but I didn't want to get all the Flat Bill hat wearers stirred up ;)

All bullets are a compromise of some kind; it is the nature of the game. The Hammer Hunters are IMO the best all around hunting bullet for guys who want to be able to take game out to 1000 yards and beyond on occasion. The "big parachute" for a meplat is necessary to make sure they expand at low velocity. Their design to blow the nose off creates a good initial wound channel and the solid shank ensures super deep penetration. The are very accurate and easy to tune. I shoot 1/3 MOA with my 260 HH out of my 10.6 pound 338 Lupau Improved (3050 fps with 94.5 grains of IMR 4831) 24 in Proof barrel. The G1 BC of the 260 HH is about .65, not at all bad.

I really love shooting paper and steel with Berger's- but their performance on game varies wildly. I have shot my last "die easy" elk with Berger's. Anything dies easy with proper shot placement- usually. My first elk was shot in 1986 with a 300 Wby at a distance where the factory 180 bullet put a pencil hole through the bottom of the elks heart, he was still alive 45 minutes later when we found him. My guess back then was around 500 yards.

The Barnes line are also awesome bullets, my girlfriend shoots a reduced load 185 TSX at 3225 fps out of a Christenson arms TFM 338 lapua. 89.1 grains of 7828

I have shot Swift A-frames, accubonds and just about everything in between. IMO the Hammers and Barnes are the best "hunting" bullets on the market- all things considered. The Barnes are cheaper, the Hammers are more accurate in most guns I have tested both in.

If a guy does his part they die like everything else.
a crapY shot and Turkey are tough.

913A12F6-D5F8-4B50-8822-6D85D59EE507.jpeg
A9D56065-22D9-401B-B961-9BBA70540D19.jpeg

Not a creedmoor in the bunch but I'm gonna build one on a SS evo really soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts