Gel test Hammer vs Accubond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative, it has a belt, 300 wm View attachment 203019

and a quote:

I had a few people ask for detail on the 7BC Warrior

The 7 BC Warrior is made from a 300 Win Mag Case necked down to a 7mm, with out fire forming the brass. It is a 7-300 case and It pushes a 180 grain Berger bullet at 3160 feet per second, It is almost identical performance as a 28 Nosler at a portion of the cost and well out performs the 7 LRM. The chamber itself is what is different from the 7-300: it was specifically designed by James Eagleman who came up with the correct free-bore and 1.3 degree lead to allow for optimal performance using Berger bullets. The name was 7 BC for 7 mm Barbour Creek with Mark Simpson adding "Warrior" to commemorate our Wounded warriors. Bottom line it is a very cost effective cartridge that will kill anything you shoot at. Specifically designed for long range hunting
Great catch and I'll edit. Not sure how I got those mixed up, must have been 2 fb posts back to back when they were first doing their 7-300 prc reamer or something. I appreciate the catch!

I'm happy to see the accubonds preformed well, they are my favorite hunting bullet and I shoot them in multiple cartridges. Don't personally use copper bullets so to me either will shoot thru a large deer shot broadside so you take your pick. Good Test!

[QUOTE="bigngreen, post: 1939790, member: 13632".....The narrow, pitiful wound channel of the Accubonds is why I quite shooting them!..[/QUOTE]

I have to say I still have a twinge of surprise when confronted with evidence those big mushrooms aren't leaving the tracks we were taught. Unlearning is hard. It's the sometimes short wound tracks that occur with bonded bullets that have caused me to switch.

It's always surprised me to look at an elks lungs that has been Hammered and see the evidence of the petals separating and doing their damage but they still penetrate and shred deep.

The narrow, pitiful wound channel of the Accubonds is why I quite shooting them!

This is sort of surprising. Accubonds have a pretty solid reputation of killing stuff and are considered one of the best "all around" bullets. In my experience, they act more like an aerodynamic partition. I have no doubt the hammers perform and shoot them accurately in a couple guns. Also like bergers and accubonds for there same reasons.
To each their own, just surprised to see that response. Thank you for sharing.

.......This is sort of surprising. Accubonds have a pretty solid reputation of killing stuff and are considered one of the best "all around" bullets. In my experience, they act more like an aerodynamic partition.......

I don't think it makes the Accubonds less lethal. Just an attempt to visualize what happens with some controls plugged in.
Both bullets performed as advertised. Without demeaning the Accubond, my preference is the Hammer's. I get more confident in that choice as experience grows.

I have an over look that I like to test bullets on deer and I can sometimes dig bullets out of the ground behind them in a boggy soft spot the trail goes through. I found that shooting mule deer behind the shoulder with an impact of 2200 fps they were barely opened, narrow wound channels perfect blood trails but also about 200 yards long.
Elk open them much better but then you'll get some hit that just don't penetrate because of early huge frontal area.
I don't personally know anyone shooting Accubonds even though we all have tried them, I don't consider them even remotely a popular bullet around here.

My "issue" was recovering them-flatten out 3 caliber expansion, very limited linear penetration. Going up in initial weight works, but shouldn't be necessary on deer size game with .338's.

bigngreen I switched from Partitions to Accubonds years ago when bullets were extremely hard to find.
I have never recovered a bullet from an Accubond and always have a great wound channel.
The farthest an elk ran after a lung shot was 20 yards but most fall within 2 to 3 yards and a few fell on the spot the bullet hit them.
I still load for and use Partitions on occasion but with my primary elk rifle I shoot Accubonds as I can shoot tighter groups over Partitions.
Still considering trying Hammer bullets
Old Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.