Gel test Hammer vs Accubond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Video of a scirocco from a 6.5 failing to open at 600 yards. No sure about the near and far. It did open at 300 yards.

I think one person's definition of near and far, could be vastly different from another person's definition of near and far. Not siding either way. Just sayin'.

Hammers at 600 yard.

Interesting videos, I couldn't tell what round he was using, it had to be sizeable as the starting speed was just shy of 3200. I had a tough time hearing what he was saying, maybe I'm getting more mature, ok ok older...:)

Any idea why he mentioned he didn't really want to try the Barnes?

I watched the other video where he was using a 130 Scirrocco, starting speed was a lot slower. Be interesting to do a more head to head test with both bullets going out at the same speed just to keep things apples to apples.

Interesting videos, I couldn't tell what round he was using, it had to be sizeable as the starting speed was just shy of 3200. I had a tough time hearing what he was saying, maybe I'm getting more mature, ok ok older...:)

I watched the other video where he was using a 130 Scirrocco, starting speed was a lot slower. Be interesting to do a more head to head test with both bullets going out at the same speed just to keep things apples to apples.
If he made the fight fair, then he might not get the results he wanted to get.

It's essentially a 7mm-300 win mag.

Thanks, I couldn't tell if it was a big 7 or 30

So it's pretty darn close to my 7 Mashburn Super

The videos are not to compare the bullets. Someone wanted to see the hammer at 600 yards. It was shot from basically a 28 nosler.

The other was a scirocco from a 6.5 creed.

Barbour Creek has many test on their site.

They test what people send to them. All distances and impact velocities are stated. Those test were probably done month apart.
Yeah, I just went to their website and watched 3-4 of their videos. They said they didn't think the 6.5, 130 grain scirocco was a very good long range bullet. Ok, but I don't think the 6.5 creedmoor is a very good long range hunting rifle either, when you compare it to the 264 win mag, the 6.5-300 weatherby, the 26 nosler, or probably a couple more that I don't know much about. I mean really, everything is relative right?

7bc warrior is a 7-300 prc
Negative, it has a belt, 300 wm
20200711_173437.jpg

and a quote:

I had a few people ask for detail on the 7BC Warrior

The 7 BC Warrior is made from a 300 Win Mag Case necked down to a 7mm, with out fire forming the brass. It is a 7-300 case and It pushes a 180 grain Berger bullet at 3160 feet per second, It is almost identical performance as a 28 Nosler at a portion of the cost and well out performs the 7 LRM. The chamber itself is what is different from the 7-300: it was specifically designed by James Eagleman who came up with the correct free-bore and 1.3 degree lead to allow for optimal performance using Berger bullets. The name was 7 BC for 7 mm Barbour Creek with Mark Simpson adding "Warrior" to commemorate our Wounded warriors. Bottom line it is a very cost effective cartridge that will kill anything you shoot at. Specifically designed for long range hunting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.