Gel test Hammer vs Accubond

Status
Not open for further replies.
143 eldx 600 yards
28F1E5DE-41E3-4978-B771-6027D67FC503.jpeg
6FD30626-6FB9-45AA-8902-6FE47FD122AA.jpeg

143 eldx 680 yards. 6.5saum

Fred, you make decent points about the bc compromise with the Hammers, and monos in general. Steve never claimed that his bullets were top on the bc chart, though he is reengineering some of them to be better I hear.

As far as your comment on monos under .338 not being good for long range, I would disagree. Badlands makes a 145 grain 7mm bullet with a .620 G1 bc, and around a .307 G7, and has shown good expansion down to 1700ish fps, maybe less. Going 3200+ out of a 7 mag, that would be an exceptional long range load, that will always have two holes. It is on the heels or outrunning the 180 class bullets in external ballistics.

As far as coming unsolicited onto a mans thread and talking poorly of his products that you have absolutely zero first hand experience with, well that shows more about yourself than anything else. All he was doing was showing a comparison of his bullet to an accubond at 100 yards, which is obviously within the functioning range of his bullets, even according to you.

Fred, you make decent points about the bc compromise with the Hammers, and monos in general. Steve never claimed that his bullets were top on the bc chart, though he is reengineering some of them to be better I hear.

As far as your comment on monos under .338 not being good for long range, I would disagree. Badlands makes a 145 grain 7mm bullet with a .620 G1 bc, and around a .307 G7, and has shown good expansion down to 1700ish fps, maybe less. Going 3200+ out of a 7 mag, that would be an exceptional long range load, that will always have two holes. It is on the heels or outrunning the 180 class bullets in external ballistics.

As far as coming unsolicited onto a mans thread and talking poorly of his products that you have absolutely zero first hand experience with, well that shows more about yourself than anything else. All he was doing was showing a comparison of his bullet to an accubond at 100 yards, which is obviously within the functioning range of his bullets, even according to you.
The Hammer is talked up as LR here nonstop and it's not.
I will look at the badlands.

I see a .520 bc bullet for Hunting.
1594783479266.png
They sell the advantage of all copper bullets as like I said " areas that don't allow lead".
they even list the things I stated as draw backs.
Is this the bullet you were referring to?

Right now on George's site, the 145 is listed with a .520 g1 bc. It has since been redesigned and is at .620.
How did the jump a .1 in bc ?
or was it under valued and found to be higher after testing? I'm betting that if .620 is correct the web site will soon reflect the info but I will wait for the update before ordering.
also are you personally shooting them and if so what bc are you using?

What experience do you have to form that claim?
Working in a ballistics lab testing every bullet available and modifying and making bullets to see what works best. But all that fancy testing equipment was probably wrong. Oh and I kill a lot of fur.
90200A56-DD6F-434E-B736-C990842886E5.jpeg
This was last month taken 800 yards and I missed my first shot with a 3.5 moa wind hold and added 3 more moa and heart shot him. BC was over .8 g1 and that's windy.

So you've tested the Hammers specifically? And stop being a snide *** peacock. You're not impressing anybody
No I don't need to it's a cooper bullet they are all pretty much the same as only so much geometry can be done. Also you questioned me. I answered you if that's snide pound sand.
A kSwiss and some material and anything one can dream up can be turned.

I asked you a simple question and your "hint" you left before editing was seen as snide. Along with all your other responses thus far. And if you have no experience with the bullets you are down talking, maybe you should shut up and wait for the data. By the way, data is useable information acquired by performing tests. But you probably already knew that. And for a guy who uses a G1 ballistic coefficient to talk about how a specific bullet is not suitable for long range seems a little bass ackwrds. Also...
rocky. Good job I'm sure you believe every word of your post.
sorry I don't. It'snothing personal there are no free lunches and monos always fall short in the LR division when compared to a CC bullet with a superior BC. I'm sure the standard ranges they are amazing.
Back in this post, monos were bad. Now it's only Hammers that are bad. And you seem to ignore that there are different alloys used in making bullets. Some are hard, some are soft. Cutting Edge bullets are a harder alloy which means they are harder to get to open. Yet Jeff Brozovich says they are amazing long range HUNTING bullets. Why? Because they have a plastic tip that helps initiate expansion. Now seeing as how Hammers are made with a softer alloy, it would lead an intelligent person to conclude that the bullet would open easier that the Cutting Edge. But maybe Broz is stupid and he no idea what he's talking about. Yet you do. Must be why people know his name and no one has ever heard of you

I am going to order some .308 for my 30-06 as it's not set up for LR and I think it would be a sexy combo!
F5AE6AA5-F2CD-4C22-872F-F9CDADA69CEA.jpeg
140C9C2B-9B2F-4A1B-B60E-CE9F546AC670.jpeg

Here's a CC exit hole from 800 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.