GECO Scopes

johngibbs222

Has anyone any experience of these scopes?
I don't hunt very often and I want to put a higher magnification scope on my 223. The model I have in mind has an illuminated reticle, a german #4i reticle

I´ve seen them advertised in Finland and Sweden, until I´m proven wrong it´s another Pacific Rim-scope with chinese-look that´s rebranded with a fancy german name.

Geco once was a rifle scope brand, manufactured by Schmidt & Bender, in modern days Geco have made guns and ammo.

If you make a google search: "Geco Zielfernrohr" some comments will surface from german fora,
I wouldn´t say the buyers are extatic.

Thanks for that. for every disbeliever though there are a handful of supporters. The one I was considering is made in Japan so maybe bears scrutiny as japanese glass seems to be better than many though. As I'm nearly 80 the differences between the best and the midrange is probably not as great as my eyes compared with 40 odd years ago. I have a Zeiss on one of my rifles and that is a pleasure to use, especially in the late afternoon but it's a 1.5x6 mag so not really longer range though ideal for deer hunting.