G'day

Peter O

G'day all
I am new to this forum although I have been refered to quite a few articles on here over the years.
I live and work in Southern New South Wales and a ranger with an LHPA.
I have hunted most pest species and trophy animals in Australia and a few in NZ but would love to hunt in the US and Canada some time.
I was introduced to hunting by my father and grandfather and started when I was big enough to carry a single shot gun. My first centerfire purchase was a .300 win mag some 30 years ago and I enjoy a wide range of calibres from 450 Rigby down to .22 but most of all I like my .25 .30 & .338 stuff for long range hunting.

I look forward to reading more of your hunt reports and reviews. :)
Cheers
Peter O

G'day mate I'm heading to America next week for a hunting trip then going up to Alaska or some were in the mid west with a few mates. I'm buying a house at the end of this year or the start of next year so I'm going to the U.S now then save up and go hunting again over there, You get much hunting done in NSW? What do you hunt over there?

G'Day!

I'm a yank married to a shiela and we are living up over. If you hook me up with some Boag's Lager or VB when you come over I can help you out with hunting in the desert southwest for Coues Deer, also known as the "Grey Ghost".

I got the opportunity to go spotlighting for 'roo when I was down there. That expirience reignited my desire to hunt again. If I was coming over I'd look at doing mule deer/antelope in Wyoming, elk in New Mexico, mountain lion in Arizona or New Mexico, elk in Oregon, and bear in various states.

Due to some of the game laws and licensing requirements some of the states I listed are not the ones that are typically thought of for various game. Send me a PM if you want more info. I'm not a Guide, Outfitter, or professional outdoorsman, just a bloke that likes to hunt when he can.

Biker

G'day mate I'm heading to America next week for a hunting trip then going up to Alaska or some were in the mid west with a few mates. I'm buying a house at the end of this year or the start of next year so I'm going to the U.S now then save up and go hunting again over there, You get much hunting done in NSW? What do you hunt over there?

G'day Aussie hunter. I hunt everything thats legal in NSW but do most of my deer hunting in NE Victoria as I live on the border. Just spent a week away hunting pigs and goats and lucked onto a couple of very large rabbit warrens that produced well over 100 rabbits each so had a lot of fun with the spotlights and varmint rifles.
My favorite game is Sambar but work has me shooting pest species like foxes, feral cats, pigs and rabbits more often than not.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.