Gday from South East Queensland, Australia

2@X

Gday all,
Names Mic, from the town of Closeburn, Queensland.
I spend a fair bit of time out here chasing Red Deer, Pigs, Feral dogs and Feral Cats. Currently shooting a Winchester Model 70 in 270 win. Looking to get into something a bit louder, along the lines of a 375VM or the like. Looks like I'm in the right spot to get the lowdown on this.
I also love fishing and camping with my fiance and we are both in the Rural Fire Service with heaps of wildfire experience.
I am currently doing study to join the police.

Cheers
Mic

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Roy, VM stands for Very Mean which is what most 375's are:D. oh I made myself laugh...sorry...couldn't pass that one up.:)

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy this site, there are many guys here that really know their stuff and don't mind helping out. Australia is a beatiful country, I have always wanted to visit.

Cheers for the welcome guys,
royinidaho, 375VM stands for the 375 Viersco Magnum. Gotta have dreams (just a pity mine are different to the missus' , she says big wedding, I say big rifle :D )

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Roy, VM stands for Very Mean which is what most 375's are:D. oh I made myself laugh...sorry...couldn't pass that one up.:)

Haha, I was thinking 375 Varmint Mitigator!

Cheers for the welcome guys,
royinidaho, 375VM stands for the 375 Viersco Magnum. Gotta have dreams (just a pity mine are different to the missus' , she says big wedding, I say big rifle :D )

ah ha! I sense an opportunity for compromise. Maybe you could negotiate for a whole lot smaller wedding for a bit smaller cartridge. Such as a 375 SnipeTac.:D

Neither of you would hardly notice the difference.:)

she says big wedding, I say big rifle :D )

After almost 39 years of married bliss...compromise is the key. While I like Roy's approach my misses knows just enough about this stuff to say

"375 anything my arse. If I'm getting a smaller wedding then your getting a 22.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.