Gasoline shortage in South East GA

We finally found gasoline after 2 days of searching. We got to a WaWa in Suffolk, VA an hour after the fuel truck arrived. We waited in line for about 40 minutes but by the time we got to the pump the 89 octane was mostly gone and pumping very, very, very slowly because of the number of fuel pumps being used. Folks were getting testy waiting for their turn at the pump when a fine representative of the "urban elite" cut the line, cut off the truck approaching the pump in his turn, threatened he was going to shoot the other driver when he approached the punk to confront him. I was at the same pump as the punk, had my G20 holstered on my rt. hip, approached the punk, told him his actions were threatening my wife's safety and if he pulled a gun he'd be dead before it cleared his pants. He started getting mouthy, looked on my hip, looked at my wife who was pumping the gas, then back to me, then he settled down, pumped his gas and left. Things are getting tense under this occupant of President Trump's White House. They're going to get much, much worse. Oh yeah, 89 octane cost $3.29 a gallon! That's over $1 more than before that idiot took over. This was the only station in Suffolk we found with fuel. Even WalMart and Langley AFB were out! Be careful out there, stay calm, be armed.
DocB

Prices would be different if government taxes were fixed and not a percentage. No incentive to government to look at fuel pricing knowing they get more tax money. Heck, higher prices are encouraged!

Clearly you don't understand the federal gas tax. It's fixed at $0.184 per gallon (that's 18.4 cents per gallon) for regular unleaded and $0.244/gallon for diesel. Everyone pays that price regardless of the local gas price, whether it is $2/gallon, $3/gallon or $10/gallon.

Federal gas tax hasn't been increased since 1993.

Last edited:
Gentlemen....TODAY $4.69 per gallon of diesel, $3.99 for 87, $4.09 for 89, $4.19 non-ethanol and $4.29 for 92 octane here in Hawaii. The highest I ever seen it here was $5.69 a gallon for diesel during Obama. To fill up my dodge it would cost me $130-$160 from empty. We would love to have your prices!!

Gentlemen....TODAY $4.69 per gallon of diesel, $3.99 for 87, $4.09 for 89, $4.19 non-ethanol and $4.29 for 92 octane here in Hawaii. The highest I ever seen it here was $5.69 a gallon for diesel during Obama. To fill up my dodge it would cost me $130-$160 from empty. We would love to have your prices!!
Go easy with the Gentlemen acquisitions will ya ;)

Clearly you don't understand the federal gas tax. It's fixed at $0.184 per gallon (that's 18.4 cents per gallon) for regular unleaded and $0.244/gallon for diesel. Everyone pays that price regardless of the local gas price, whether it is $2/gallon, $3/gallon or $10/gallon.

Federal gas tax hasn't been increased since 1993.
Prices would be different if government taxes were fixed and not a percentage. No incentive to government to look at fuel pricing knowing they get more tax money. Heck, higher prices are encouraged!

According to American Petroleum Institute, 22 States have variable tax rates on fuel. Everyone does not pay the same for fuel. My statement was government not FEDERAL only. Clearly, State and local governments are included in the statement I made.
Link:
State tax rates

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion this is only gonna get worse . A lot worse!!!
it's easy to get folks to support your ideas when scare them. biden wants to spend $2-3 trillion on "infastructure" and we suddenly have a gas pipeline shut down. biden wants to ban AR pistols/braces and we suddenly have a shooting in CO with an AR pistol.

from what i can tell there was never a shortage of gas from the pipeline being shut down. it was from all the a-holes filling up an container they had in the garage. it's like when it snows here in NC. if there is chance of 2" of snow, there's a run on milk, eggs and bread. every single time.

I heard it from a friend last night that he paid $3 per gal. ( regular) in Winder, Ga. and the next station he saw was $3.99 per gal, (regular) and then at another $4.99 in Loganville area Told him that Gov. Kemp stated that gouging was a violation during the "state of emergency" and to notify what ever department was responsible for investigating these actions. Hope he does. Likely ????

So how many of you remember the 73-74 Arab Emirate States oil embargo? Gas lines countrywide, odd/even days to get gas based on license plate, commercial plate versus passenger plate, self serve versus full service, 10 gallon max per fill?

So now we our OWN gas supply not dependent upon anyone and yet here we go again.
I was only 7-8 years old, but remember that whole debacle well. Funny what sticks with you sometimes. I remember Carter being a very ineffective president and how everything got better once Reagan took office.

Recent Posts