Gasoline shortage in South East GA

We didn't want to say anything, but since last week things are getting worse with our GASOLINE. Last week I went to a station and several pumps had bags on the handles due to no gas and the other pumps had a$25.00 limit. I thought it was just located to that gas station. My wife then told me of a similar station 30 miles away by where she works. Now today I went by several gas stations and they were completely out. We live in Social Circle about 60 mile east of Atlanta. Monroe north of us, Conyers South west, Athens north east Madison East. It's about a 50 mile radius with no gas or ration. All new HIGHER prices too.

Does anyone else see this gas shortage in their areas. Hope we are not going back the Jimmy Carter days.
$2.69 and available where I'm at in Tennessee I've only heard one or two things even mentioned it seems like it will affect the East Coast the most

South Texas still has gas most places some stations are starting to run out the price is still around 2.50 I dont think it would even be an issue except everyone freaking out and filling up everything they own. I am lucky and have a 350 gallon nurse tank at the barn so we are good to go on diesel

We didn't want to say anything, but since last week things are getting worse with our GASOLINE. Last week I went to a station and several pumps had bags on the handles due to no gas and the other pumps had a$25.00 limit. I thought it was just located to that gas station. My wife then told me of a similar station 30 miles away by where she works. Now today I went by several gas stations and they were completely out. We live in Social Circle about 60 mile east of Atlanta. Monroe north of us, Conyers South west, Athens north east Madison East. It's about a 50 mile radius with no gas or ration. All new HIGHER prices too.

Does anyone else see this gas shortage in their areas. Hope we are not going back the Jimmy Carter days.
Family in Knoxville, Tn saying big lines at pumps with 20-25 limits, others in Mid Ga saying long line $25 limit if you get in line, some stations closed. Several SE states declaring "state of emergency". Had a family reunion scheduled and looks like it will be cancelled and travelers are coming from Virginia to Florida and Alaska.

Tracker keep the updates coming.

Tommy

Pulled in to local gas station, was one car ahead of me, as I pulled in store manager put yellow plastic over the pump handle. Went two miles and found a station that had 89 octane for $2dollars 89.9 gallon. Line was forming as I left . 5:30 this afternoon. North Central Alabama.

I thought our goverment was prepared for this type of intureption in our gas supply. If I was guaranteed that I would not be banned from this site/forum I would give a full disclouse as to what is going on in the Goverment. All of you that are conservites would understand. If you think about it enough you will get the answer.
Len and Jill

IMO, which isn't exactly worth a great amount. The pipe line should have some sort of manual function. Should everything have to be controlled via a computer program. I'm aware it is the best way of use. But doesn't anything have a backup system?

IMO, which isn't exactly worth a great amount. The pipe line should have some sort of manual function. Should everything have to be controlled via a computer program. I'm aware it is the best way of use. But doesn't anything have a backup system?
Yes they do I was involed in an extremely in depth "HOW THE PROCESS WORKS" These pipelines have programs that determine the flow of everything coming South to North. Technical terms would be a book long in explaining, Laymens terms several pages.. It is not the pipelines , it is the people that program what goes into them They can have two or even one line and they place "PLUGS" inbetweem different types of gas, diesels. In one pipeline they can ship lets say (8) DIFFERENT grades of gas of diesel or oil in a day just by seperating the the pipe load with a plug. So it is really up to the "MAN" as to what get shipped in the pipe. There is no shortage or pipeline stoppage, the pipeline is always shipping something, just not what you want. They can't determine the cost raise by this process. I realy would like to explain in full, but it is not really complicated, but maybe complicatred for me to explain.
We have more gas in our country that ever. More than any Arab states. It is our goverment that determines how much gas to let out. So next time you vote take notice as to what is realy going on in this country.
Semper Fi
Len & Jill

Last edited: