Gas

I did read the post and I will quote your latest post.

"Also, gas prices have not been following the price of oil. When oil has dropped oil companies have not been lowering the price of gas. They have been absorbing the profits."

This isn't blaming oil companies? Especially since it isn't true?

"Oil companies made their largest profits ever last year and they are going to beat it this year. They must really hate Biden."

This isn't blaming oil companies?

You still haven't came up with anything to back up your claims? Maybe you, C130 dude, and SVgreg can hook up to find new ways to defend your hero "it's not my fault" Biden.
I am not blaming the oil companies but rather their business practices are the reason gas prices are so high. They are trying to make as much money as possible. Its what they do. Why else would they exist? It seems like some people want to believe that corporations are people. Do you really think corporations have a conscience and would be more than happy reduce their profits in order to help the american people but its the mean ole government that won't let them spread their generosity across this great nation. If you need to blame something then blame our love for capitalism and the free market because ultimately, its to blame and the catalyst to current gas prices is the crash back in 2020 but Biden wasn't president back then so we don't want to admit that.

NOBODY cares what you have to say. Please just go away. You said you weren't going to post anymore a while back, we know you're not a person of you're word.

Save those far left "facts" for your marches and and signs when you protest. In the meantime enjoy the fruits of your labor with crazy high gas prices, inflation, and literally everything else that has sky rocketed and ruining this country!

Guys, we shouldn't be feeding this troll. Guess I'm guilty too lol but he's just so hungry 🤤
Am I screwing up the echo chamber?

Anwr is decades away from being complete and the administration's reason for closing it was true. The industry has no interest. There are over 9000 leases and over 7000 unused permits available. The oil companies have over 1500 leases they aren't using. Also, gas prices have not been following the price of oil. When oil has dropped oil companies have not been lowering the price of gas. They have been absorbing the profits.

If anything, Ole John lost allot of credibility with that. I imagine he is trying to get back in the game. He has fallen off the radar and wants back in.

Oil companies made their largest profits ever last year and they are going to beat it this year. They must really hate Biden.
You may be missing that most of the reason they had the highest profits are the same reasons some of my friends companies also did.
Covid bail outs. While you got paid as if you were operating you had far few expenses. Many companies had this because it was all based on what you could lose if open.
Plus I think you also missed the stock market surge with all the infused money.
Every company was showing record profits Tesla the anti oil company also showed massive profits.
Gas follows production simple supply and demand. Always has always will. If the government makes it harder or more expensive to supply price goes up with speculation.

Instead of asking other people to verify your claims why don't you post some back up for you claims?

While you are at it let us know how many permits are attached to the leases, how many of the leases have been explored and verified that there is actually oil on them, and if they have been explored and oil has been found in the abundance they need to make the investment into oil rigs? How many of these leases are being set up on now to start drilling? It doesn't happen over night. How much more is it costing to maintain refineries from inflation that Biden caused by out of control spending which only was stopped at a certain point by people in his own party or it would be worse? I know it is high because i work in the piping industry. Are they allowed to frack on these lease to lessen the burden? What are their labor costs in comparison to the pre-Biden good old days? Once you can answer these questions with facts maybe you can convince people to your argument. Until then you are just spewing Huffington Post, CNN, and others talking points given to them from Brandon.

I have friends that own a small by comparison private oil company. It is not as simple as you seem to believe.
If you go back through some of my older comments in this thread, you will see where I bring up the expense and all of the issues associated with getting to the point where they are producing oil as one reason that oil companies are not investing in new wells. Why should they if they are making their largest profits ever. It makes no business sense. Interestingly, while you go back and verify this, one of the last old ones I posted, there was someone on here that claimed to have close friends who worked the oil fields. He said said they were not being aloud to pump at full capacity. He was insinuating that the government was somehow controlling the valves on the oil wells, When I asked if it was the government or the oil companies that were controlling this, he didn't know. It was the oil companies. They are controlling the flow of oil to control the price of oil in order to increase profits. Its what they do.

Interestingly, Oil prices where higher under G W Bush but the price of gas lower.
Mainly speculation which is short lived. We had a much lower consumption rate while gw was in office. Crude oil can do what it wants we have increased our use of fuel but not built a new refinery so matching crude to pump price is not exactly the correct way to do it

You may be missing that most of the reason they had the highest profits are the same reasons some of my friends companies also did.
Covid bail outs. While you got paid as if you were operating you had far few expenses. Many companies had this because it was all based on what you could lose if open.
Plus I think you also missed the stock market surge with all the infused money.
Every company was showing record profits Tesla the anti oil company also showed massive profits.
Gas follows production simple supply and demand. Always has always will. If the government makes it harder or more expensive to supply price goes up with speculation.
Baloney. Their profits are coming from the price of oil. It also does not explain why their first quarter earnings this year are off the charts.

Am I screwing up the echo chamber?
I gotta say guys. Jim has a point. We don't have to see eye to eye with him on everything. But to hit ignore we do create an echo chamber which doesn't help anyone.
Some things he posts make me think a little more others just make me believe my original thoughts on a matter are even more superior than I thought. Nothing wrong with some debate. He has been polite so you do t have to agree but it may help you learn a bit more about what the other side sees.

Baloney. Their profits are coming from the price of oil. It also does not explain why their first quarter earnings this year are off the charts.
How about the vast majority of employees working from home and not having huge office expenses.
This is week documented in many companies m. Even the one I work for. They are not even planning on having the offices full anymore.
Lots of reason for profits it's the margins we must look at. I have not looked but it bet it's not raised a ton.

Second if you take away all profits form the big oil out gas is still very high compared to what it was so it clearly has something to do with access to crude oil and distribution.

Question for him also. Are you opposed to the pipelines? They seem to be the best option for moving oil. Environmentally speaking. Weather it changes prices at the pump or not what's your thought on them?

It's also hard to argue against what someone really sees in real time. Obama in office record high gas, Biden also record high. Seems to happen to dems very often. It could be that they demonize oil and push regulations tends to make investors Leary or option two just bad timing and bad luck for them.

there was someone on here that claimed to have close friends who worked the oil fields. He said said they were not being aloud to pump at full capacity. He was insinuating that the government was somehow controlling the valves on the oil wells
I was not insinuating that. I thought I made it clear. The demand for their product had not increased. The company is not allowed to add any more product into the supply.

Last edited: