Garmin Fenix 5

Elkeater

anyone using a garmin fenix 5 watch? Been thinking about getting one for tracking running and work out activities. Just wondering if you have one how it works for you.

Have had a 3 saphire for a couple years, really like it. Lot of useful features, maps, saving points and routes. Sure you know there's much cheaper ones out there for just tracking runs but the extra for the fenix was worth it in my case. If they offer the 5 in saphire and you're as had on watches as I am then get it. Seems indestructible.

Ya figured I'd use it for runs and workouts but also for hunting once in a while.

I love it, but ended up getting rid of it and getting the instinct. Almost all the functionality, but lighter and a little more rugged.

Definitely get the Instinct if you're using it for what you stated above. I have the Fenix 5 and I wished they would have had the Instinct when I bought the 5. I don't use a fraction of the gadgets of the 5. The Instinct would have been perfect. Cost is a lot less as well

I picked up a Foretrex 601. While it's not really for sports, it excellent for hiking/hunting. I links through their app to my iPhone so in reality you much of the functionality.

I have the Fenix 5 and love it compared to my old Fenix 2. I'm still learning how to use it, but it's easier to read and the map has much more detail. The features have all been better than my old, just taking time to learn how to find some of the features.

Have had a 3 saphire for a couple years, really like it. Lot of useful features, maps, saving points and routes. Sure you know there's much cheaper ones out there for just tracking runs but the extra for the fenix was worth it in my case. If they offer the 5 in saphire and you're as had on watches as I am then get it. Seems indestructible.
This. I stopped using a GPS when I bought my Fexix 3 Sapphire. Love mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.