• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED GAP Built 30-378 Max Obermeyer/Badger/M24

huntfish

GAP Built 30-378 Max Obermeyer/Badger/M24 TRADED

This is a rifle that was built by George at GAP in 300 "12 EGG" Magnum. It is a 30-378 Max Improved. The 12 EGG was designed by George and named after Chris Matthews, who owns LongShot Rifles. I used to shoot Lazz Warbird. Check out the pics, the 12 Egg is quite a bit larger. It is a rocket.

Remington action
OberMeyer 30" deep flutes
Badger bottom metal
Badger FTE brake
Badger base
HS M-24 adj. LOP
All metal cerakoted OD
Badger knob
Dies (CH Tool and Die)
50 rounds loaded ammo with 155 Lapua Scenars and a handful of fireformed brass.

I traded for this gun a while back and have realized that in the deep woods of Mississippi, it is just too much work to drive an hour to shoot this beast. It would be silly to shoot 100 yard groups with such a rifle and I really do have to drive a ways to stretch any of my guns out past 600. I have never fired the gun. It has been fired 215 times.

Here is what I am interested in:
-A custom gun of similiar value, but more along the lines of a sporter/hunting rifle, built on a Remmy or Remmy clone. (this is what I would prefer most)

I will also consider
-Quality rifle scopes
-No AR's, handguns, please
-A quality pair of compact binos
-224 fast twist barrel in something around #4
-A quality, unchambered, carbon wrapped barrel
-McM or Manners stocks

I will consider selling outright for $2100 ballpark, but I would prefer a trade. If you are interested in a trade/partial trade/cash offer, PM me and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Tim

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

Last edited:
It has an 11.25 twist. Should handle 210's at least.

Last edited:
How much does the rifle weigh? I have a 22-250 ackley with a shillen match barrel on a savage action. Never fired. I also have some long guns but I don't think you would be too interested in those. Let me know. I also get 800.00 cabelas cards from work so maybe we can work a deal with those. I have a few saved up.

I sent you a PM about the gift cards. Your savage sounds tough. I just got rid of a 22-250 AI. Silly me. I think I'm gonna be forced to build another.

T

I called and asked George at GAP the exact same question and said you could run them up to 4000. He said to expect 35-36 using 180's. You reckon that might kill a deer.