• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

GAP 6.5x284

varmint79

GA Precision 6.5x284

Badger bottom metal (hinged floor plate, not set up for detachable magazines)
Badger 20 MOA rail
Rock 26 inch barrel, believe it is an M24 profile, so it is not a lightweight
Trued Rem 700 action
Tuned Rem 700 trigger
McMillan A5 stock, without adjustable cheek (I have used a stock pack)

All work done by GAP, rifle has 5-6 hundred rounds through it. Has not been used with rapid strings of fire, only for low rate of fire target use, typically a minute or so between shots. Reloads I have used were mild with 142 SMK at 2900 fps. Chamber is cut pretty tight so some factory ammo I've used gave pressure signs.

This rifle was a Snipers Hide run and my first precision rifle. I didn't reload when I bought it so it didn't get shot much. Now that I do reload I need to thin my heard a bit.

$1800 shipped/insured to your FFL lower 48. US Postal money order only.

I can send pics by email if requested. Rifle only, scope, bipod, rings, stock pack and sling are not for sale.

Trigger is the old style Remington and GAP did a good job on it. Action is a long action. Coating is not cerakote, predates that I believe, believe they used a teflon coating of some type. Rifle was built in the old days:) Forgot to mention I will include the dies (Forster Benchrest FL sizer and seater dies).

Sent. One thing to keep in mind, if thinking further down the road, GAP gives a good deal on re-barrels for rifles they built. They currently show $290 for labor, to re-barrel.

Gotcha. I wouldn't carry this too far for the type of hunting I generally do. Its great for shooting not so much for carrying:)