Gander Mtn. going out of business sale

Waynzee

Hi fellas, anybody go to Gander Mtn. going out of business sale ? Yeah, I guess they sold out to an RV company.

Hi fellas, anybody go to Gander Mtn. going out of business sale ? Yeah, I guess they sold out to an RV company.

Hello,

Well technically they did not sale to anyone....Marcus (Owner of Camping World and TV show "The Profit" purchased the companies assets from bankruptcy auction in April.

Not ALL Gander Mountains are closing even though website says so..That mistake is because the liquidation company is still running the website and liquidation sale..On May 18th Marcus officially takes ownership and will list on Gander Mountain website which stores will remain open.

He is is negotiations with landlords for revision of lease agreements, etc etc to determine exactly which stores will remain open. He plans to operate over 70 locations.

Here is list that is expected to stay open as of right now...
GM.jpg

THEIS

So, has anybody gone to the going out of business sale as advertised ?

I drove by one last weekend and there were flags and people standing in the roads with 30% off everything closing store in Rockford IL.

Some good deals to be had, depending on what you are looking for. I've been 4 different ones in Minnesota and they were picked over pretty good. Granted I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but everything I looked for was gone (I think most people are just getting anything/everything that looks like a deal)

Hello,

There has been several changes since that May 9th article though.

For example...Huntsville AL is not on that list but they are merging the new "Gander Outdoor" and a Camping World into 1 facility there.

..PBG Florida is still waiting on exemption from the County in regards to IF they are going to allow RVs to be on the property. If they do not then that store could expect to be off that list.

..Augusta on that list is now being listed as "Impasse with landlord", so it looks like it will be hard to keep that one open.

If you study the business locations and public markets that will be remaining open under the new Gander Outdoor name...LOTS of them will be "blending" with a Camping World and will have RVs on site. If the current landlords and/or county officials will not allow that; then those locations appear to be closing easily....

THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.