Game Wastage

HARPERC

We got out with the ATV's and rifles this week. We weren't very far into it when we cut a track of a moose running down the road, on top of those tracks was the track of a single very large wolf.

We have hunted this area long enough to remember when there were no moose in it. We remember the first tracks. We remember the increase in population enough to support limited tags. We remember when it became common to see more moose than deer. We remember the appearance of giant mature bulls, whose antlers were a testament to the age, and health of that herd. Record class animals, animals that could challenge for top spots in the book. Animals of a quality that caused us to say without hesitation the best Shiras Moose on the planet lived in our backyard.

These animals did not fall from the sky. We remember it was the hunters dollars that provided the transport of problem animals out of town and into areas that offered a chance of survival.

Now we get to watch the end of 100+ years of conservation and management, caused by an "experiment" that everyone understood the outcome of before the first wolf was boxed for transport. Now folks that never ponied up a penny for either species get to spitefully decide how they will be managed. Make no mistake spite is the only card they have to play, we can't reason with unreasonable people.

It's private timber company ground, and we are at point in our history where turtles are used to push humans off public ground. How long before we aren't allowed in to shoot and recreate there. How long before the owners are prohibited from managing their timber the way they see fit.

FOR A **** DOG!

A line from a favorite song, "I just thank the Lord, I wasn't born no later than what I was".

With "Wildlife Directors" whose resume's include "Earth First", pro-wolf, and anti hunting group memberships, we're cooked here.

Apologies to you young folks, some of us had intentions to leave you with better. We counted too heavily on common sense, and first hand experience trumping the lies at some point. Game wastage is the against the law, those responsible for this debacle should pay that fine, from where I sit a tragic waste is what is happening.

Well said.

Get on board, folks, and understand what is going on.

And, this is ultimately not about the wolf or the turtle, it's about control. The philosophy goes much deeper than worrying about a wolf.

Watch the movie online for free:

Crying Wolf | Exposing the Wolf Reintroduction to Yellowstone National Park

Then watch his latest movie, "BLUE" which talks about how the 'green movement' is in many ways, in reality, actually producing the opposite effect of what is says it hopes to accomplish.

Sadly the moose were the first thing to go in the back country here also. The outfitters haven't seen one in years. We too had some world class bulls. I don't understand how anyone could like animals,as some say they do, and not feel for the elk and moose. I really don't think they care about animals but rather are using these predators to try to control us. A rather interesting scene unfolding in Nevada. Those folks that showed up are probably a little more radical than most. Wait until the silent majority shows up.

It is part of the democrat power grab. One side offers a no nonsense solution to the problem, because they actually want to enjoy the outdoors. The power hungry other side, offers over the top solutions to paint their opponents as cruel and uncaring when they disagree.
So if you are against the reintroduction of an "endangered" species, you are cruel and are getting in the way of environmentalists healing the planet!
How dare you!

And, this is ultimately not about the wolf or the turtle, it's about control. The philosophy goes much deeper than worrying about a wolf.

Then watch his latest movie, "BLUE" which talks about how the 'green movement' is in many ways, in reality, actually producing the opposite effect of what is says it hopes to accomplish.

These groups produce nothing but a "carbon footprint" but theirs doesn't count because they're the good guys. Ultimate arrogance, totally detached from reality.

justgoto;942408 So if you are against the reintroduction of an "endangered" species said:
The American conservation model (hunters) was saving endangered species before the term was coined.

The silent majority that felt the work spoke for itself, failed at understanding the opposition. Unconstrained by jobs they have nothing but free time. Financed by welfare and foreign nationals they get good press, and an absent press when it suits them,

It needs to remain clear that this was an introduction, not a reintroduction. It's just more PC to say reintroduction and then argue that it was a close match. We didn't historically have this strain (call it what you want) of animal, at least not down here right near the original release site, nor did we have the lovely tapeworms that came with them which can be classified as nothing less than an invasive species. If you or I introduced an invasive species that threatened an ecosystem, let alone human life (no matter to what extent), we would find ourselves in a courtroom fighting for our freedom. They get a pass and a whoops.

Bottom line is if IDFG doesn't get their heads on straight and take care of this problem, there will be no more sportsman money coming into this state (or surrounding states) for them to manage.

There is more than one government agency responsible for natural resources that needs to quite cow towing to these environmentalist and special interest groups and start managing their respective resources instead of revenue. If we needed money managers, we'd hire accountants!

OMG this ****es me off. Rant over.

nor did we have the lovely tapeworms that came with them which can be classified as nothing less than an invasive species. If you or I introduced an invasive species that threatened an ecosystem, let alone human life (no matter to what extent), we would find ourselves in a courtroom fighting for our freedom. They get a pass and a whoops.

Bottom line is if IDFG doesn't get their heads on straight and take care of this problem, there will be no more sportsman money coming into this state (or surrounding states) for them to manage.

I've never heard of the tapeworm problem. So not only did they screw-up as par for the course, they doubled-down on their screw-up.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the state to do something meaningful; I think us peons are on our own. As you have pointed out, even when they are clearly in the wrong, there are no consequences, and their agenda trudges on.

Yeah, they've known about it for quite some time, yet not many even in the state are aware of it. It's not a scare tactic, it IS happening, it IS in our big game herds (seen it myself in elk), and it IS documented in humans in this state.

Google "Hydatid Wolves Idaho" Just don't do it right before or after you eat.

As pointed out by others, the truth does not matter, just the agenda.

Here is a link below from a small newspaper published by a family friend on the situation, spelling out the deceit and smoke surrounding the subject. This guy has dedicated his life to the conservation of big game and to holding those whom are responsible for their management accountable.

http://www.idahoforwildlife.com/Website%20articles/George%20Dovel/The%20Outdoorsman%20No%20%2044%20June%202011.pdf

It most probably won't be long until I put a boot print on someone's neck and a carbon foot print on their ***!

Been considering a lone donkey ride across YNP. Is that legal? Know it's not a snow machine or ATV but is better company and quiet, except when he sounds off. . .

The tapeworm infestation problem here in northern Idaho is getting extreme. I personally know of (and have seen the photos) multiple bull moose taken this fall that had to literally be buried. Every ounce of meat was infested with those oozing tape worm cysts, from right under the hide to deep down by the bone. Those animals were inspected and confirmed by IDFG's wildlife vet, and ordered to be completely buried. The parasite is too easily transmissible for the carcass to be taken to the dump. Replacement once in a lifetime moose tags were offered, but you had to surrender the antlers too. Guys who had taken record book bulls were forced to make a terrible choice. I haven't seen it in elk or deer yet, but I'm sure its coming.

Many thanks to the Clinton administration for releasing this pestilence on our lands.

THe IDFG is not the problem, they are under scrutiny from the Feds until the 5 year delisting period is up. After that our biggest enemy will be the general public. They know that Wildlife belongs to the people fo the state in which the animal is found. That means that every wolf in Idaho belongs to us and no one from out of state can tell us what to do with them besides the ESA. What the wolf humpers are trying to do now is to make ground in banning certain practices on federal land because the land belongs to every citizen of the country. First they will ban grazing on public land, then trapping in wilderness then trapping on any public land, their ultimate goal is to ban hunting on Federal lands. Once you ban hunting on federal lands it won't matter how many elk or wolves there are.

THe IDFG is not the problem, they are under scrutiny from the Feds until the 5 year delisting period is up. After that our biggest enemy will be the general public. They know that Wildlife belongs to the people fo the state in which the animal is found. That means that every wolf in Idaho belongs to us and no one from out of state can tell us what to do with them besides the ESA. What the wolf humpers are trying to do now is to make ground in banning certain practices on federal land because the land belongs to every citizen of the country. First they will ban grazing on public land, then trapping in wilderness then trapping on any public land, their ultimate goal is to ban hunting on Federal lands. Once you ban hunting on federal lands it won't matter how many elk or wolves there are.

This is correct, I have been following the situation.

I cannot agree with the statement that they are not the problem. While they surely aren't the whole problem, at the very least they a part of it. How much is subject to opinion I suppose.

What I know is that I am tired of being lied to, and I am tired of our big game herds suffering while they manage money. I am tired of having statistics shoved down my throat that simply do not support what I see every day.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.