Votes: 32 69.6%
  • 1st Wolf

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 2nd Coyote

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 2nd Wolf

Votes: 32 69.6%

So 45 people voted.
The above are the poll results. Both pictures were taken at the same spot. You can see the same log/stump in both pictures. The vast majority got the first picture right as being a coyote. You can see from where the stump comes up on the coyote that the first animal is significantly smaller than the second. The second picture was taken as the male walked away after smelling the stump. He is in fact a wolf and has a very different head profile and much heavier front and rear legs. Also, by where the stump comes up, a much taller animal and quite a bit longer. Ears and shape of the snout on the second animal are also a dead give away.

Here is a picture of the male wolf's two traveling companions. This third picture was taken about 30 seconds after the second one of the male walking away, showing the black wolf then 10 seconds later another light colored one with the black wolf still in the picture.. The Black wolf is either a young one or a female, based on body size and heft.

Coyote - notice how short it is compared to the stump.

A2RU6aB.jpg

z9F6EWg.jpg

B1OjdkD.jpg

pv3axcB.jpg

r8MYYvf.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahaa.....love those last two pics....reminds me of my kid on a elk hunt a year ago. "Hey dad I saw a black coyote today, really cool first one I have ever seen". Me....Yeah you didn't see a coyote dip**** you just missed an opportunity to kill a wolf.

What you have here in the second picture is a coyote.

You captured a coyote being stalked by wolves. Within a few minutes and maybe 100y beyond your trail cameras, that poor coyote from picture 2 was set upon and dismembered by the wolves in the following pictures. May he rest in peace..

That photo was taken in southern middle Tennessee
East is East, West is West, and never the Twain shall meet....unless there's another Twain on the Same Twacks! We all know there's a Middle East....but now there's a middle South in the U.S.? And before someone else proclaims it...I live in the middle North !