Are these Coyotes or Wolves

• Both Coyotes

• Both Wolves

• 1st Coyote

• 1st Wolf

• 2nd Coyote

• 2nd Wolf

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hahahaa.....love those last two pics....reminds me of my kid on a elk hunt a year ago. "Hey dad I saw a black coyote today, really cool first one I have ever seen". Me....Yeah you didn't see a coyote dip**** you just missed an opportunity to kill a wolf.
A buddy of mine killed a black coyote here in La. a couple of weeks ago.
Our coyotes here in the south tend to be thin and mangy. I saw one up in Montana that was big and had a gorgeous coat.

Please just vote. No comment required. I will post the answers at the end of the Poll. You can make one or two selections, depending on your choices.
1st Picture

A2RU6aB.jpg

2nd Picture

z9F6EWg.jpg
#1 Small to average Coyote #2 Big Coyote

Hahahaa.....love those last two pics....reminds me of my kid on a elk hunt a year ago. "Hey dad I saw a black coyote today, really cool first one I have ever seen". Me....Yeah you didn't see a coyote dip**** you just missed an opportunity to kill a wolf.
Maybe not, I missed an opportunity on a melanistic coyote two years ago here in southern Michigan. Got a great look at him through the spotting scope and it was 1000% a coyote.

I find it interesting that even after posting the answer and clear pictures that prove the answer there are still people that think the second picture is a Coyote. Tells you just how hard it is to identify animals in pictures. Even in real life it isn't as easy as many think it is.

A buddy of mine killed a black coyote here in La. a couple of weeks ago.
Our coyotes here in the south tend to be thin and mangy. I saw one up in Montana that was big and had a gorgeous coat.
I've seen a large bodied black one running with a couple of standard coyotes down here in Louisiana once.
Never got a shot on it. It may have been a cross-breed... if there's such. It's body and tail coat was thicker than the others and very, very dark which appeared black.