Game Camera Suggestion’s

Thanks Schmitty!
The Brownings have been brought up several times ,I will be giving them a try. It's the one camera that I haven't used .

Bushnell seems to be the best overall, in the mid price range. Primos are the cams I use when there is a chance someone might "borrow" them. I usually set a cam watching my truck when I leave it parked to walk in somewhere. Makes me feel better. I also set one cam watching another cam, just to see how critters respond to a camera. In bear country, a metal box is a real bonus. Have lost a couple cams to bears over the years. I'm way too cheap to spend the big bucks on a trail cam, so I can't speak to how the spendy ones work. No matter where I set a cam, I cammo it heavily. Shoe Goo, moss, leaves, twigs, the works. Best of luck.
PS: My Brownings have had a problem with the battery pack falling out. A couple of heavy rubber bands seems to fix that. Otherwise, they work well.

the issue is every game camera is made in china...except cuddeback...they are "designed in the us" but still made in china. so theres no real quality control and 10 people can have the same make and model and have different experiences. its be nice if there was a japan made game cam...might actually work..with durability...

Another vote for Browning. I have had a couple for several years and they work flawlessly. Like you, my game cameras in the past crapped the bed after a short time.
I read reviews online and at the time I found lots of positive reviews about the Browning and I'm glad I did.

I go through game cameras like crazy .
Can't seem to get any to last more than a year . To list all I have used would take way too much time . I use on average 15 to 20 cameras all year . That is coming to a end ,replacing them every 6 months is breaking the bank or should I say making the wife want to spend more in shoes lol .
I would like to stay under $150 ea and still have a good camera. I have spent $300 on the so called good ones with poor results. I miss the old black ones that took 8 d batteries and lasted 5 years. Moultrie please bring them back . What works for you guy's?
I really like the stealth cams.

I've always had pretty good results with the Primos line of cameras. While browsing in a local pawn shop last summer I ran across a brand new, still in the unopened package Spy Point Solar-W camera. Bought it for a STEAL at $75.00 ($199.99 retail at Cabelas). It's got a lot of great features and I haven't had to buy batteries as a secondary power source for going on 2 seasons now. BUT, admittedly the Primos cameras take better photos.....

We run 130 cameras give or take annually on our lease in Sonora, MX. With so many cameras, we shy away from anything too expensive, but we have quite an eclectic mix of different brands, etc. Most will work, but for durability, daytime, nightime and video quality it's tough to beat the Browning micro series. If you look around and shop specials, ebay, etc. you can find them new in the $90 range. There are certainly cheaper cameras that work and more expensive cameras that may be better, but these have offered us the best bang for our buck over the past 5 years.

Hope this helps!
Schmitty

I tried a Primos bullet proof camera this year for the first time......I guess if you like 1400 videos of blowing grass and leaves this is the camera for you.
Also bought a few Tascos, they actually take fairly decent videos but can get a little grainy in certain lighting and when you try to zoom them in.
I took that piece of garbage Primos back and bought and got the Browning micro 20mp
Giving that a try right now.

Well Guy's I know this is late but I have been swamped. Couple of months back I came across a deal I couldn't pass up ,Wildgame Innovations Nano 22 lightsout . This wouldn't have been my choice nor was I even looking at them until a sales man showed pics he had on his phone taken by this game came. Also told me he would exchange them if they failed to work within a year no questions asked. Also gave me a unbelievable price. I bought 10 and have had them out non stop and just went through a tropical storm. I went out this morning and everyone of them are still working and no leaking.
Not to mention the fabulous pictures these little cams take both day and night. I will post some pictures in the coming days .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.