Gaiters

J.G.W

I need a new pair of gaiters and have been looking at KUIU, do any of you guys have any experience with them? Hunting mostly in the northern half of Australia I'm not worried about snow, more snakes and tough brush/sticks. My biggest concern that I have noticed in the past is the noise some gaiters make when brushing against undergrowth and the "swishing" noise they can make when rubbing together. As a hunting guide this drives me insane at times, especially when the client doesn't seem to notice/care. Any thoughts?

morning, if u r not worried poisionous snakes, take
lots of toilet paper to clean pants. joke gbot tum
take nitro for heart stoppage. laugh laugh!!

I have a pair of Sitka. Nice and tough but ridiculously difficult to get on and off. I almost hate them although once on, they work great.

I haven't had any issues. I am not a bow hunter so am not as sensitive that as some. Noticeably softer and quieter than the Kenetrek's I had.

I have the first lite and OR croc gaiters and both work well. I prefer the first lites personally, the just seem to fit better. Kuiu for what I've heard are a great choice.

I've got a pair of KUIU gaitors. I used them on a Utah mountain lion hunt. They were great in the snow. Haven't needed them after that one hunt. If you might be interested, drop me a PM.

I have First Lite and OR Coc's. Both SUCK for cold weather as they dont fit over my boots and pants. I like the OR better for durability and material, and the First Lite for the snaps closures instead of buckles and velcro. I would love to find a pair I could fit over my cold weather boots/pants comfortably.

I'm a gaiter-hater! Just another thing to carry in my pack. In snow, rain, or wet I wear rain pants over my boots. If I just wore gaiters I'd have a wet rear and upper legs when I sit to glass. There is no need to carry or wear both rain pants plus gaiters. I almost always have rain pants in my pack when it's wet. I hunt Alaska, Colo, and Wyo on a regular basis.

I have First Lite and OR Coc's. Both SUCK for cold weather as they dont fit over my boots and pants. I like the OR better for durability and material, and the First Lite for the snaps closures instead of buckles and velcro. I would love to find a pair I could fit over my cold weather boots/pants comfortably.
As I get older and fatter, my calves seem to be getting bigger LOL. I still put in the miles backpacking though. A lot of the hunting gear is made for young "fit" people with athletic builds. Before my coming Alaska trip in 2022, I'm going to try a pair of T and K gaiters. They are made in USA 🇺🇸.

They seem to be willing to do a little customization and may be able to help me with fit. The XL size in Crocs fits around my calves but bunch a little because I'm shorter.