G7 vs. 1600B vs. Swaro EL...

I am impressed. Thumbs up for the 1600.

Attention to 1600 b. When used in landscape mode for more 'court measures. not 'reliable .Provate to measure in floor at 500 meters or yards with twice as standar and compensated with a lower and provides measures of 10-15mt.Ho compared swaro and TruPulse by wrong measures. Give me confirmation of this observation Thanks

Funny, looking at the pictures of the Love's truck stop brings back memories of my trip to Cabelas in Sydney several years ago when I was standing there at their front door comparing the Leica 1600 vs Bushnell. The 1600 won easily!!! So I placed it at Customer Service desk and walked into the Bargain Cave. There behind the counter was a perfectly fine Swarovski EL Range for $2000 at a time when they were going for $3000. My wife was with me, so I hesitantly asked if I could take it outside and compare it to the Leica 1600. OH MY GOD!!! The easiest decision of my life. I use the Swarovski for Elk hunting, so I really appreciate not having to carry a second optic for glassing, and last year during the Snipershide cup, in the pouring rain, my Swarovski EL Range was one of the ONLY rangefinders that consistently ranged targets when the Terrapins failed! So after 4 or 5 pages of responses I felt obligated to toss in my 2 cents for the Swarovski EL Range (you'll only cry once) and knowing what I know today...I would have paid full price!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.