G7 to G1 conversion

Thanks guys. I normally use a kestrel and plop my bullet from the library in and adjust as needed. This is just not something I have any control over as far as what he wants and considering he is successful with it every year, no reason to argue. So if I'm understanding correctly, I should be able to put a guestimated bc in and compare to real world drop and maybe use a similar weight Barnes in a ballistic app that has g1 adjustment and link to my kestrel for environmental? Would be easier for me to make a piece of tape lol but he's a really good friend

Thanks guys. I normally use a kestrel and plop my bullet from the library in and adjust as needed. This is just not something I have any control over as far as what he wants and considering he is successful with it every year, no reason to argue. So if I'm understanding correctly, I should be able to put a guestimated bc in and compare to real world drop and maybe use a similar weight Barnes in a ballistic app that has g1 adjustment and link to my kestrel for environmental? Would be easier for me to make a piece of tape lol but he's a really good friend
Having an accurate mv for under 600yards shooting will be more important than how precise ur g1 is. Is this a Burris custom turret?

For a simple math solution that gets you in the ballpark...

For G7 to G1 BC's Multiply the G7 # by 1.95 to approximate G1 BC

For G1 to G7 BC's Divide the G1 # by 1.95 to approximate G7 BC

This will get you in the general area but like others mentioned, it'll need to be verified....

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I'll verify, like was mentioned, it shouldn't make that much difference out to 600 if velocity is correct

Kind of. Use a bc you think may be close and build a profile and plug it into kestrel. Compare the dope it spits out to your known real dope. Then true your velocity and I THINK you can adjust your bc not the velocity to get it to match.

Or just go the easy way and plug your guess into hornady free standard calculator and use environment from your kestrel. The hornady had been super accurate compared to my kestrel. Shhhhhh you won't have to spend crazy money buying it Then just start adjusting based on what it gives you. You can enter in any bc you want.

I was actually looking through the scope last weekend when I was getting information ( he didn't know twist etc.) it's actually really good glass. I have a transformer at 1200 that gets glasses a lot lol

I thank you. I didn't know kestrel had any hammer bullets in its library. Busy day but when I get a chance I'll try to build it in mine and see. It's 5700 with the link ? I'm so fricking lazy/stupid when it comes to these apps and gadgets. They sure save a huge amount of time though. Thx again everyone