G7 rangefinder

JUDD

Has anyone heard anymore one this? When is it due to hit the public? How is the performance? and most importantly how much?

I figured the shot show may have brought some more details about it...

from what i heard they are currently doing alot of field testing and they are due to be out next spring and the MSRP is $1500

JUDD

Check out this excerpt and thread for additional discussion about this rangefinder...sure sounds like a nice piece of equiptment.

Matt

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/g7-br2-rangefinder-62841/

12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
skipdavidson
SPONSOR Join Date: Aug 2006

Re: G7 BR2 rangefinder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can answer a few of the questions right now. MSRP target is $1500. The Optics chassis is the same as many of the other LTI products. However, manufacture of the device is USA. Housing is mil-spec IP67 for waterproof. We have finished a few changes with the laser diode, I will provide beam divergence info as testing is completed.

Besides the ranging capability, custom ballistic programming and compensation for incline and air density, the targeting modes are quite useful. Nearest, Farthest, Continuous, and Multiple targeting algorithms allow manipulation of the range detection. These same algorithms give the unit the capability to measure reliably in heavy precipitation and fog.

My apologies for the slow production of information on the website. We are understaffed and overworked! Its coming. In addition to our products we are providing, we have also started a new television series, Long Range Pursuit, that starts airing Dec 27th on Sportsman Channel.

You know It looks like a pretty neat system with the interface they are offering to long range shooters. However, If you just want the range finder without the bells and whistles you can get more info here. This looks to be the base model that they are basing the G7 off of. Look at the specs. Whats not to love?

Laser Technology - TruPulse 200 Rangefinder

I know it'd be too much to ask, but I'm wishing they could fit all those features in 1/2 the size.

I live in Reno Nv, Safari Club International annual show is here and so is Aaron
from G7...
The latest from them is"possibly" May. H'es real careful with the length of the delay being measured now in years to pinpoint when they will be in production. I also heard sometime this year....
I saw the demo...REAL NICE

ya, but i still can't find the beam divergence numbers! why wouldn't they be on that site?

they are now 2x4mrad, I really want to hear from some people who have used them in the field, trying to finish my new rifle design before calling the gunsmith, and I really can't decide on running a BDC scope, or sticking with the traditional.

Starting Production this month.

I'm sure there will be feedback right away....

If you are torn on the MOA/BDC question, look at gseven - Home at the Ballistic Turret featuring both!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.