G7 BR2500 vs Sig 2400 Kilo

6x47lapua

Whats the general opinion on which one of these range finders is better and why? I'm looking for ease of use and general function.
The calculated MOA based on angle, temp and elevation is very nice since I could use that and only have a physical drop chart as a back up.
However, is there a way to get the MOA to target AND just a simple range readout at the same time? Maybe a secondary button?

I have the Leica 2000 model which has served me well but I have to make a drop chart ahead of time based on the elevation of my hunting spot. it would be nice to have elevation and temp calculated at time of shot.

I have the G7. It does all it says it will do. I have read the reviews. If I bought new I would buy the sig. I find the G7 a little bulky. It works fine but I haven't found a great way of packing it. The sig would go around my neck and in my front pocket the way I used to carry my Leica.

I was all for the Sig but then reading about temperature problems with the SIG. apparently the cold weather performance leaves a lot to be desired.

I had the g7 gen 1 and the worked great, but as mentioned they are a little bulky. I now have the sig 2400 and I thought I liked them better until last time went to shoot. I could not get them to range much past 1000 and it was hard to get them to even hit that. I haven't got ahold of them yet so I can't comment on their customer service.

Hands down G7! Been using one for 5-6 years with no issues. Get your ballistics set up in them correct and there dead nuts on!! They are bulky. Last hunting season had G7, Leica 2000, and Sig 2400 all side by side and when snowing the G7 was the only one that would range anything!! I also have a Leica 2000 to keep in my pocket that I like and use a lot but don't give drop chart like the G7. Sent several Sigs back that wouldn't work past 600 yards. Sometimes the light would come on, but nobody was home!!

I had never heard of the Kilo not ranging in cold weather. Does anyone know if either of these will give a calculated MOA and also a true yardage reading at the same time?

I have used both generations of the G7 rangefinder a lot and they are good rangefinders I just got a new Kilo 2400 and so far I like it a lot. I get the same decimal point reading over and over again beyond 2000 yards. to answer your question; yes they will both give a true yardage reading. Depending on how you set up the Kilo it will either give you a corrected yardage reading based on the incline or it will give you the true line of sight distance in either yards or meters. in the later mode it will give you a bullet drop solution in either MOA Mils whichever you prefer. presently I like the Kilo better than the G7 because of the size and I like the target acquisition better but I haven't had it long enough to put it through the paces yet. Like any ballistic solution rangefinder the output is only as good as the information you put into it but so far with good data I am confident in both rangefinders. I have also noticed that guys who bought gun werks rifles and had them set up the G7 have had better results than some of the guys who did it themselves. I think this merely a result of inputting correct data.

I had the g7 gen 1 and the worked great, but as mentioned they are a little bulky. I now have the sig 2400 and I thought I liked them better until last time went to shoot. I could not get them to range much past 1000 and it was hard to get them to even hit that. I haven't got ahold of them yet so I can't comment on their customer service.

Have you tired changing your battery?

Yea I changed the battery with no luck. I'm fixing to send them back so they can look at them.

Question for you guys with the Sig...does it give you wind values like the G7 5 10 15 etc for the distance you range...never had my hands on a sig but have had much success and no issues with the G7

Yes they will give you wind values and they also allow you to put in wind direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.