G7 BR2 rangefinder

A friend in Idaho had the opportunity to try a G7 rangefinder along side a Bushnell 1600 ARC. The G7 would range in the 1000 yd to 1100 yd range while the Bushnell was reading out to the 1500 yd to 1600 yd range under the same conditions. AS you might imagine they were surprised. They are going to replace the battery and try again even though the unit was only a couple weeks old.

A friend in Idaho had the opportunity to try a G7 rangefinder along side a Bushnell 1600 ARC. The G7 would range in the 1000 yd to 1100 yd range while the Bushnell was reading out to the 1500 yd to 1600 yd range under the same conditions. AS you might imagine they were surprised. They are going to replace the battery and try again even though the unit was only a couple weeks old.

Any update on this?

The G7 would range in the 1000 yd to 1100 yd range while the Bushnell was reading out to the 1500 yd to 1600 yd

There was a battery life issue in early production units. That may cause what was described. Mine never does what's described. Always ranges way past 2K in bright sun.

I got a chance to chat with these folks at the big Army conference (AUSA in DC) and they make a nice product and I hope they continue to innovate and can make more innivative products for our Military folks. Even though Defense budgets are predicted to decline, this may be a chance for a smaller company with lower overhead to do something new and affordable...

I want a binocular version!

Matt

There was a battery life issue in early production units. That may cause what was described. Mine never does what's described. Always ranges way past 2K in bright sun.

I was hoping it was something like that. Now I just want to be able to get a MIL option and I would part with the cash in a second!

The unit that I spoke of in the initial post belonged to a friend of a friend of mine (David) in Idaho. He reported yardage of 2000 plus with the new battery to my friend but I can't confirm the info. However I believe it to be good info even though David was not there to witness it.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that several posters said "I'm going to take the G7 BR2 out hunting and report back."

I am tracking 4 different threads on this device because I am interested in possibly purchasing one but no one is reporting back after many weeks. I'm just about to buy a Vektronix PLRF05 on the group buy on Snipers Hide if I don't get any good legitimate reports.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that several posters said "I'm going to take the G7 BR2 out hunting and report back."

I am tracking 4 different threads on this device because I am interested in possibly purchasing one but no one is reporting back after many weeks. I'm just about to buy a Vektronix PLRF05 on the group buy on Snipers Hide if I don't get any good legitimate reports.

When are they going to order the PLRF05 ? I am intrested in purchasing one.How can I get in on the group buy?

thekubiaks;597883[B said:
]Is it just me or has anyone noticed that several posters said "I'm going to take the G7 BR2 out hunting and report back." [/B]

I agree, i have been waiting for more reports, before pulling the trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.