FX Outdoors/True Ballistics Radar Chronograph

Aloeus

Looks like FX airguns is going to spin off a new company to make a rifle capable radar chronograph. I haven't really seen anything about this outside of this 1 minute segment in this video, so I thought I would post it.

Looks like they'll beat Caldwell in getting a labradar competitor out, and it sounds promising. There's been a few radar chronographs out recently but they've been pretty obscure and pricey relative to the labradar.

Be nice to see another entry into the chrono battle.
I watched a couple of guys 2 years ago work on a brand new Labradar for several hours and never got it right that day.
I heard they fixed all that was wrong later in the week.They bought the Labradar and then a stand then an aiming system then a trigger then a battery back up then a case to put the Labradar in and had quite a bunch in it before they were finished.
This tool comes with EVERYTHING!

I emailed FX in England and asked if they knew anything about it and where I could get any information and have not heard back yet.
When I do I will send you the info as soon as I receive it.
I did see where they took an FX air gun chrono and use it for 22lr and it worked well for that but I want to use it for High Power rifles.

So I'm seeing these pop up for preorder now for... $999. I really hope this is a essentially a placeholder preorder price because...if that's the best they can do I think these are DOA. Pretty disappointing.

Questions: 1) How does it work out at a public range (interference/tracking) to select your bullet from others shot. This is a good reason to have an external trigger and more exact aiming. 2) If your phone "goes to sleep" does it lose its Bluetooth connection? (This is an issue with the LabRadar). It's nice to have the phone ap but I would like a memory card as a backup.

I have had my TBC for almost a month. Set up is a breeze and still learning how to use the App (APP could be improved - I like the speed Tracker APP better, easier to use). Used it on 22LR, .45 ACP and .308 LR10. Picked up every shot. The best is getting data out to 400 yards (both in FPS and Foot lbs.) For my 22LR, I have set up to get data at 50, 75, 100 and 200 yards. The speed tracker was finicky in were you placed it at to get the results you needed. Not the TBC.