FX Impact Mark II air rifle question

If I was more affluent I would deffinately go the nitrogen or even better helium route, but they are way out of my disposeable income grade. With nitrogen you get approx 25% increase in velocity and with helium 50% plus with no other changes but the price of helium is in the stratosphere pardon the pun.LOL

Dean

Last edited:
This is interesting cause I know nothing about it...I like the idea of just air for plinking around and I thought that velocity was good but to get that much better is kinda exciting to think about n definitely will look into cause if a couple guys could go together it is more feasible lol

I have a couple of write ups on my gun, compressor, and tank over at Air Gun Nation and Gateway to Airguns GTA.

The gun was kind of an impulse buy. I did a ton of research before I bought the compressor and tank.

User name is iflyskyhigh.

I wasn't sure if I could just cut and past the info here since it was from another forum.

Lots of good info over there anyway.

Like I said though, it's a rabbit hole...start digging...

BTW tank only has to be pressure tested and DOT approved if you're taking it to someone else to fill. If you're filling it yourself it's not an issue. As with anything, it's all a matter of the amount of risk you're willing to incur.

Thank you skyhigh I will look it up when I get some time
They are so much fun. I murdered 2 pigeons (AKA flying rats) on my roof yesterday. Ammo is cheap, and if you bite the bullet and get yourself a source of air it's 100% fun and 0% downside.

BTW I have one of the nice British Gen 3 hand pumps. It's doable, but if you are shooting a lot and have an air hog, which most modern guns are, it gets old. Real quick.

What did you get as far as a compressor and tank?
I have three tanks that I rotate but it is getting old.

Dean

This is one I use and this will work on either 120 volt or 12 volt with converter it comes with which is great if you're out in the field.
I paid shipping everything $439.00 takes about 8 minutes on empty tank to fill.

Attachments

• 3019D75F-AAB4-43E0-AA1E-9223C3B1BFDA.jpeg
    3019D75F-AAB4-43E0-AA1E-9223C3B1BFDA.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 140
Not sure who this was addressed to, but I'll answer for myself. Unless you live in a rural area, with no access to providers of compressed air, I think that buying a compressor is less desirable than simply spending the money at a dive shop. My shop is only a few minutes away and leaving a tank overnight isn't much of an inconvenience. For me, the issue is maintenance; compressors need to be serviced. I find it easier to let a commercial service worry about that.

However, I know that not everyone is as fortunate as me. If I was going to buy a compressor, I'd talk to Brancato at AirTanksForSale.com . Why? Because air tanks, compressors and accessories are his whole business, not a sideline. I've dealt with him for years, and have never been disappointed; he knows what he is talking about. For those who wonder, Brancato has only recently begun selling air rifles and his air related products are still as strong as ever. Note that I'm not saying you shouldn't talk to other vendors; all I'm saying is that you should give Brancato a call and see what you think of what he has to say. And no, I have no interest in his business other than providing information.

For the record, I use an ATFS Guppie tank with a 7000 psi regulator and a 10 ft. microbore hose (so I can leave everything lying on the ground). The regulator may be a bit of overkill, but it positively prevents overpressuring any of my guns...

I have three tanks that I rotate but it is getting old.

Dean
Tuxing 4500PSI compressor

Steve's correct and to each his own. I live smack dab in the middle of a major city and there isn't a dive shop within 20 miles of me. Air guns of Arizona fills tanks but they are a 40 minute one way drive. And for the same reason I reload I wanted a compressor. I personally like to be self sufficient.

All compressors will need to be serviced and rebuilt at some point. Creating 4500 psi of compressed air for extended periods of time is hard mechanical work. Doesn't matter if you buy the high end European dive compressors, or one of the compressors from one of the mainline air gun companies (which are all made in China by the same companies btw, so save some cash and buy direct from the Chinese company)

That's why I went with this one. They've been around and have parts readily available. In fact I broke my compressor before I was even able to use it. The guys over in China responded to me within minutes and I had the parts to fix it at my door within days for $30. And I fully admit it was 110% my fault.

Also, Brian over at Veradiumair.com is now their US distributor. You can get the compressors and parts directly from him. Brian is awesome and helped me a ton. Spent hours talking to me on the phone for free just cause he loves air guns and likes to help people.

The compressor also comes with lots o spare parts, many of which are the ones needed to rebuild heads when the time comes. Unless you're an idiot like me you shouldn't need to purchase any parts for quite some time. And when they do need service it really isn't all that much to do it yourself. If your mechanical at all shouldn't be an issue.

My advice is to buy way more compressor than you think you need. The compressor will not be working as hard and will last longer between services. The one I purchased is what Brian uses in his store to fill customers tanks all day long. Its an over used saying, but these things are truly built like tanks. They are relatively quite and fill large tanks fast. With the way most people are using this type of compressor it will be a LONG LONG time before it needs any type of service. Use a really good high pressure compressor oil, change it often and you're good to go.

You're lucky. I've pretty much done all the research for you. Tuxing offers several models depending on what you think you want. If you think you're going to go with one of the Chinese compressors Tuxing is the only one I'd consider.

This is the tank I got Ace Care Tank. Just like the compressor, top quality. Couldn't be happier.

Air Gun Nation discussion of this compressor.

Last edited:
Tuxing 4500PSI compressor

Steve's correct and to each his own. I live smack dab in the middle of a major city and there isn't a dive scope within 20 miles of me. Air guns of Arizona fills tanks but they are a 40 minute one way drive. And for the same reason I reload I wanted a compressor. I personally like to be self sufficient.

All compressors will need to be serviced and rebuilt at some point. Creating 4500 psi of compressed air for extended periods of time is hard mechanical work. Doesn't matter if you buy the high end European dive compressors, or one of the compressors from one of the mainline air gun companies (which are all made in China by the same companies btw, so save some cash and buy direct from the Chinese company)

That's why I went with this one. They've been around and have parts readily available. In fact I broke my compressor before I was even able to use it. The guys over in China responded to me within minutes and I had the parts to fix it at my door within days for $30. And I fully admit it was 110% my fault.

Also, Brian over at Veradiumair.com is now their US distributor. You can get the compressors and parts directly from him. Brian is awesome and helped me a ton. Spent hours talking to me on the phone for free just cause he loves air guns and likes to help people.

The compressor also comes with lots o spare parts, many of which are the ones needed to rebuild heads when the time comes. Unless you're an idiot like me you shouldn't need to purchase any parts for quite some time. And when they do need service it really isn't all that much to do it yourself. If your mechanical at all shouldn't be an issue.

My advice is to buy way more compressor than you think you need. The compressor will not be working as hard and will last longer between services. The one I purchased is what Brian uses in his store to fill customers tanks all day long. Its an over used saying, but these things are truly built like tanks. They are relatively quite and fill large tanks fast. With the way most people are using this type of compressor it will be a LONG LONG time before it needs any type of service. Use a really good high pressure compressor oil, change it often and you're good to go.

You're lucky. I've pretty much done all the research for you. Tuxing offers several models depending on what you think you want. If you think you're going to go with one of the Chinese compressors Tuxing is the only one I'd consider.

This is the tank I got Ace Care Tank. Just like the compressor, top quality. Couldn't be happier.

Air Gun Nation discussion of this compressor.
I forgot to mention, and it was one of the major selling points, the filter system on this compressor is one of the best out there.

As others have mentioned, clean dry air is key.

PCP air guns need almost zero service (Another selling point), but if you are putting dirty wet air into your PCP's onboard tank you will most likely negate that benefit.

The cleaner/dryer on this compressor is very well thought out and designed. It's not just there to look cool. It works and it works well. As others have done, I swapped out the desiccant for high quantity 10X micro sieve.

Granted I live in a state with average relative humidity around 5-10%, so I'm not the best test case. But others in much more humid environments have verified its effectiveness.

When you consider what a stand alone filter/dryer cost, it makes this compressor an even better buy.