FX Impact Mark II air rifle question

tiswell

Anyone shoot one? What caliber did you go with? I am an old guy but these things have caught my interest.

Thanks, Bill

$2,000?
I ordered a Gamo one week ago for $230. Gotta dust some problematic red squirrels.
While researching, I came across that air rifle. Read about it, but decided the squirrels weren't doing $2000 worth of damage. Would be nice for stealthy pest control, and shooting practice though.

phorwath,
Yea it is a stretch for me, but I will see if I can sell off some unused stuff and get one. From what I have seen, slugs are the new thing out of air rifles and not all rifles shoot them well or have enough power to push them accurately. I will see and when I get brave I will bring this up with the bride.

I don't have an impact I do however have a T12 and a and a T12 Whisper both in 25cal in fact all my air rifles are 25 cal except for my AirForce Texan which is a 45 cal.

Dean

I have been shooting a PCP air rifle since the Benjamin Marauder came out, I bought mine in 25 cal due to the 22 barreled rifles being inconsistent at that time. I do not get as many full power shots on a charge as the smaller calibers but it will drive 10 shots into one hole at 30 yards if I do my part. I use it for pest control on mostly raccoons and it drops them quick with a heavy pellet. I still use a hand pump as I don't shoot it a lot. At the time of purchase it was close to a grand or more and it still shoots great 10 years later. There are quite a few compressors out there if using a hand pump is not preferable.

Benjamin Marauder in 25 cal that also was my first PCP rifle I still have it I never use it but still have it.

Dean

I have a Brocock in 22 caliber this thing shoots ragged hole @ 50 yards. I use a 12 volt/ 120 volt pump it takes about 2-3 to fill the tank worth the money I think. I get 74 shots on low setting and about 59 shots on high setting.
when I ordered the pump I thought I was getting 1 well my grandson helped at buying 2 had a phone call and wasn't watching him close enough before buying it lol 😂 so if anyone is looking for one I have a extra one to sell.

I have been watching some videos of guys shooting long range at pigeons. One guy hit one at 256 yards IIRC. He said right up front that it was his third shot, but still darned impressive. They also take out a bunch of ground hogs at various ranges with precise head shots. I can shoot powder burners up to a couple hundred yards out my back door, but do so mainly to sight in out of respect to the neighbors. But I like to shoot, and with these air guns I could shoot all I want.

$2K is a lot. More than I have ever spent at one time on a powder burner. I am slowly talking myself into it, but until the money is spent I may change my mind.

Don't be afaid to buy a used PCP air rifle they don't wear out and there is nothing to break, and are usually half price of a new one. This one I have had for over 10 years and has atleast 20,000 rounds though it and never misses a beat. I use it to break though brush in heavy woods and has been caught in the rain to many times to count and can take out a squirrel at 60 yards no problem. I always say I am going to clean it up but I never do I figure to leave well enough alone. It also is a 25 cal and will send a 33gr pellet 900fps. Even at 60yards the pellet goes though the varmint, so I am sure I could take one out at 100 yards if the chance occured. One last thing the great thing about PCP air rifles is that the scopes hold zero since there is no recoil and don't get beat to death.

Dean
IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Last edited:
Tag....I've been looking for one of these. I know they're expensive but the idea of cheap practice (I saw the "long range" pigeon as well) and teaching youth scope dialing is really appealing to me. I could cast pellets/slugs in 30 cal, and fill it free. I'm hoping someone on here has a FX bullpup that could tell me how bad they feel shooting left handed. In looking at pictures it looks like on some your cheek would miss the magazine but it's hard to tell!

ETA....there are also some in the 500-600 range that have good reviews but my concern is longevity and parts on Chinese air guns.....any experience here?

I forgot to mention that it only weighs 6 pounds so you can carry it anywhere and for long periods of time. But the best thing I like about air rifles
is you can still keep up with your trigger and shooting skills, we all know what it is like when it has been a while since you have been to the range or out shooting how long or how much ammo it takes to get back into the groove. Over the years I have become very proficient at shooting on the fly, or at a moving target like when a squirrel is tapping trees or running along a hi tension or telephone wire. The telephone poles in back of my house are 150 feet apart and when they are running along them I call it the hiway of death,lol sorta like iraq only on a smaller scale they never make it to they end.

Dean

Last edited: