FX Impact Mark II air rifle question

Wanna bump this thread up. I'm looking at peeking my head down another rabbit hole and getting into a great pcp rifle. The impact keeps coming up. Looking at the m3. Any updates or other cool things I should be looking at?

Wanna bump this thread up. I'm looking at peeking my head down another rabbit hole and getting into a great pcp rifle. The impact keeps coming up. Looking at the m3. Any updates or other cool things I should be looking at?
I been peeking down that rabbit hole also but I haven't decided yet on brand n the caliber keeps messing with my mind….wish it would quit being so indecisive 🤣

The air rifle market has been pretty active over the last year, possibly as the result of the pandemic (if you can't go to the range...) Pyramyd Air carries a sizeable number of brands and types of PCP rifles. You might check their site for more ideas:

www.pyramydair.com

I'll only add that FX is a solid brand and the Impact is feature rich...

Last edited:
The air rifle market has been pretty active over the last year, possibly as the result of the pandemic (if you can't go to the range...) Pyramyd Air carries a sizeable number of brands and types of PCP rifles. You might check their site for more ideas:

www.pyramydair.com

I'll only add that FX is a sold brand and the Impact is feature rich...
In your opinion what is a good caliber for a first and why ?

@steel2 : I chose .22 for my two airguns (although that was before the larger calibers were available / popular). In today's market, I might choose .25, but as I said in an earlier posting, I think that larger calibers should be gunpowder driven (just my opinion).

As to the why of .22, if you are only interested in punching paper, then any caliber will do and .177 is economical and you can get a lot of shots out of one filling (only talking PCPs, here). However, for pest control, I think that .22 is the minimum caliber for a humane kill. A good quality PCP rifle will push a 16 -18 gr pellet at close to 1000 fps and is good for most small pests. You also get almost as many shots as .177 for a fill. I've shot .22s all my life, and I admit that the familiarity of that caliber also played a role. Finally, I consider .22 to be safe to use inside the home with a suitable pellet trap. As you go up in caliber, I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel about the safety of indoor practicing.

Of course, this is mostly subjective, and depending upon your experience and tastes, you may settle on a different caliber. It's all good.

I recently dived into the PCP rabbit hole. I found an FX Crown on consignment at a gun store. They said the guy who brought it in said it was brand new, and had never been fired. The price was $1,000 for the rifle, scope, extra air tank, and five 500 packs of JSB Match 18.13 grain pellets. So I took the plunge! Couldn't be happier. I had it all checked out at Shooters Bench in Nampa, Idaho. Joe, the owner, said it was in perfect condition, and that it will be the most accurate gun you have. I said, "You know, my 338 Norma is a 1000 yard grouse gun." He said the FX Crown will put 10 shots in the same hole at 60 yards, and even further if you get the ballistics figured out. It's really nice for the guys in the Boise area, because Shooter's Bench sort of specializes in air guns, and has a large compressor to fill our extra air tanks, and even has a 60 foot shooting range with 7 or 8 lands for shooters. My rifle is a 22 caliber and shoots like a dream. I bought some 25 grain slugs that I'll use for larger critters. This is the most fun I've had since I dialed in my 338 Norma.

I recently dived into the PCP rabbit hole. I found an FX Crown on consignment at a gun store. They said the guy who brought it in said it was brand new, and had never been fired. The price was $1,000 for the rifle, scope, extra air tank, and five 500 packs of JSB Match 18.13 grain pellets. So I took the plunge! Couldn't be happier. I had it all checked out at Shooters Bench in Nampa, Idaho. Joe, the owner, said it was in perfect condition, and that it will be the most accurate gun you have. I said, "You know, my 338 Norma is a 1000 yard grouse gun." He said the FX Crown will put 10 shots in the same hole at 60 yards, and even further if you get the ballistics figured out. It's really nice for the guys in the Boise area, because Shooter's Bench sort of specializes in air guns, and has a large compressor to fill our extra air tanks, and even has a 60 foot shooting range with 7 or 8 lands for shooters. My rifle is a 22 caliber and shoots like a dream. I bought some 25 grain slugs that I'll use for larger critters. This is the most fun I've had since I dialed in my 338 Norma.
What kind of store that had the consignment that you found it in? airgun store? or Actual firearm store? I would like to look out for one too! Awesome deal.

What kind of store that had the consignment that you found it in?
There are not a whole lot of "airgun" stores, local or otherwise. Regular firearms shops and sites are finally picking up on the growing popularity of airguns and it's becoming more and more common to find a smattering of airgun brands in these places. As is the case with high end and specialty firearms, high end and specialty airguns (e.g., FX, DayState, Air Arms, etc.) are much harder to find whereas less expensive brands (looking at you, Gamo) are more common.

Fortunately, there are some good on-line dealers that offer new and consignment / refurbished airguns and accessories in the event you can't find anything to your liking in your local area. www.AirgunsofArizona.com and www.PyramydAir.com both offer pre-owned and refurbished airguns on an as-available basis. I've done business with both sites and can say that I received good prices and excellent service from both. Do a little web searching and you should be able to find a reasonable deal.

PS: Before you do anything, be sure that you have a source of dry, high pressure (5000 psi) air, such as a dive shop that refills scuba tanks. I don't advise trying to get by with a hand "bicycle pump" to pressurize your gun; pumping is extremely arduous...

Last edited:
I am traveling in my RV I am in MO and all my air rifle stuff is at home in FL, and am missing how much I enjoy shooting my pellet rifles. So I picked up a Benjamin Vaporizer 22 cal and this thing gets the job done, It's a break barrel but not a spring kind it is a gas piston which is a lot smoother and quiter and more acutate than a spring one, also comes with a 3-9X40 scope and an adjustable trigger. It cost me $200.00 at Basspro

It shoots an 15gr pellet aprox 800 FPS

Last edited: