Future H.A.T B.C. Test shoot

RG,

I place the same value in "projected" BC's that I do in "projected" twist-rates.

It is better to stay away from them, unless you happen to be running PRODAS, or an equivalent. Even then, it is better still to derive a value empirically.

My numbers, when released, will not be fodder for speculation.

Best,
Noel

RG,

I place the same value in "projected" BC's that I do in "projected" twist-rates.

It is better to stay away from them, unless you happen to be running PRODAS, or an equivalent. Even then, it is better still to derive a value empirically.

My numbers, when released, will not be fodder for speculation.

Best,
Noel

Carefull there i thought the same thing after carefull testing in a sterial range for several months and several customers using them i would not be jeered at either but as you can see that is not the case.
No matter what you do there are still those that will scream it can't be and their buddy will climb a tree and sware to what they said..

RG,

I empathize with your dilemma, it is not only the numbers, but the methodology which is killing you.

Anecdotal reporting is fine for in-house speculation. You really need to submit to less subjective testing procedures, and peer review, before publishing. The Las Vegas meet would be a good opportunity.

Have you reconsidered?

Best,
Noel

I under stand but at this point i dont see any time for me to get away.
I am so far behind now i don't think i'll ever get caught up and with orders pouring in every day there is no end in sight.
Plus getting other calibers on line is a never ending struggle,having new barrels chambered and mounted, tweaking tooling and making new punchs and dies its a never ending chore..

The customers come first.
I think i will be very well represented if eddybo makes the shoot..

Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but I will be the first to admit that I am no ballistician. I will try my best, the long range community deserves to know the truth.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but I will be the first to admit that I am no ballistician. I will try my best, the long range community deserves to know the truth.

Mabey you will have better luck.

The last time they shot the messenger spreading the truth..

And thar ya go.... I agree.

I too am happy to hear that Ghost will go by the Vegas results! I actually thought that this was going to be a ****ing match.

I have only been there when it was hotter than Hades, what are the expected temperature and humidity in May?

thanks in advance.

edge.

I too am happy to hear that Ghost will go by the Vegas results! I actually thought that this was going to be a ****ing match.

I have only been there when it was hotter than Hades, what are the expected temperature and humidity in May?

thanks in advance.

edge.

It was never entended to be a ****ing match just seems that it turned out that way in the past.
temprature 1 degree hotter than hades and just enough humidity to give you a 1 or 2 foot of mirage..unless there is wind...

Weather report first:

May- daily high temps can be expected to reach 95-100s, humidity less than 20%; evening lows 75-80. Hades...not yet...that happens from say June through October when temps will be 100-110; evening lows 80-85. If you want real-life site data look for weather information on Moapa, Nevada.

Eddybo:

Bring your buddies and get them in. We are going to be capacity limited potentially on my home range but definitely up on the hill in the desert. In the desert we have firing points for no more than 6 firing (and they are not all next to each other) sequentially to the first set of target locations, 1,500, 1,800, 2,200, 2,500 yrds. The other shooting point, largley unlimited to beyond 3,000 meters, has similar capacity. If you bring lots of folks the we go in two relays, with relay two shooting after relay one is concluded. I had it down for the ELR competition so it can be done efficiently, but it will make for an extremely long day, dependeing how many rounds people are putting down range, and the amount of time they want to wait between rounds.

Chey-tac rounds. Yes, this is the desert no such thing as a cartridge limitation. My home range has not yet updated its cartridge prohibitions to include the Chey-Tac and Chey-Tack based rounds, so they are GTG on my range also. I expect that sooner or later they will figure it out and ban them too, but not so far.

Driving to target points. Yes that is how we get them in and tear them down. In all instances except one, you can drive up to and onto the target set up location. The one exception is 1,800 yards and it may, depending upon rain washout this spring, require a short - 25 yard - walk to teh target location.

Dates. We are still waiting for input from one of our people who is out of the country.

9091600yard.jpg

What you see here is a picture of my friend Randy (currently works NASA Mission control for teh Space Station; Former Army Airborne Ranger Sniper) on the left and my Brother (former USMC). Between them is the gravel road on this site where we set up our variout steel plate targets for taht day. The 6 they are signalling is that we sucessfully shot 1,600 yards with my Brother's .284 winchester and my 7WSM. that day.

909target.jpg

close-up of the road on which the targets would be placed if we opted for that shooting position. Where the road turns right and disapears from view is approximately 3,000 yards. The road reappears and then travels up the mounain in the background to permit ranges at and beyond 3,000 meters.

Notice the soft comfortable platform that form our shooting point. Its the desert.

ATVs. ATVs are permitted on the site, but MUST STAY on the ROADS that are there. The only reason i bring them up - I do NOT own one - is that there is a trail leading to the top of the shooting point and we were going to use an ATV to haul gear up for the ERL shoot. If someone had an TAV or wanted to get their hands on one they could use it to haul their gear to the top. Notice this point is a good bit elevated over the surrounding desert.

Last edited:
That looks like a sweet spot.

Who knows how many rounds I will need to bring for yalls testing?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.