Future antelope hunt

wheaties300

Want to plan an antelope hunt. I've got a few point for Wyoming and Montana. Looking for an opportunity hunt with good public access. I've got GOHUNT and onX. Been doing a bit of e scouting trying to decipher some info. But do I need to hold off on Wyoming and gain enough points to hunt the west part of the state or is there good access on the mid to eastern portion too?

As Taco John mentioned, the units with more public land generally take more pref pts to draw...especially the popular units that produce bigger bucks.

Think I have 4 antelope. No after a trophy. I just want a respectable representation of the species. But more than anything I don't want to be fighting public access issues the whole time.

Check out the Shirley Basin in WY. Unit 47. We hunted 2 years ago with 3 or 4 points. You aren't going to shoot anything big but you will see more antelope than you likely ever have. And in 3 days of hunting we maybe saw 3 other hunters in there. It was a great hunt.

Check out the Shirley Basin in WY. Unit 47. We hunted 2 years ago with 3 or 4 points. You aren't going to shoot anything big but you will see more antelope than you likely ever have. And in 3 days of hunting we maybe saw 3 other hunters in there. It was a great hunt.
Were you hunting public land? It sounds like more or less exactly the kind of hunt I'm looking for, but I see a decent chunk of the public land in the south section is potentially corner locked.

Were you hunting public land? It sounds like more or less exactly the kind of hunt I'm looking for, but I see a decent chunk of the public land in the south section is potentially corner locked.

Yup its all public land and tons of it. We hunted this area:
Screenshot_20221208-085959_onX Hunt.jpg