funny story.

timmyatnop

Hi. A few weeks ago i was up at my wifes dads watching the huskers play and having a good time and getting a little woosie drinking. I guy stoped in to watch the game and drink. Now this guy has some land with lots of antelope on it ..and he hates them. I asked if i could shoot one if i got a permit he said helll yes ... i tols him i wanted to shoot one at 1000 yards, he said that ant nothing hes got a remington sr 5 somthing and they wont even sell it if it wont hold a quarter group at 1000. So now i know this guy is a BS er. . Ok last week i was doing some stuff with my father in law and i told him this other guy hes friends with is full of crap. And that i would bet a thousand dollars that i could outshoot him at 1000 yards. I was just talking trying to get my point accross. Now fast forward to today. My father in law stopped in to tell me about his business metting he just had at the local eating place with his friend and brother and a few other guys he does business with. He said well i asked them who was gona take u on at 1000 yards. One shot closest to bulleye for 1000 dollars. I guess they wanted to know what i was shooting and my father in laws beother said an 30-06. Now i guess theres three fuys in on it and iam pretty sure there full of bs. At least i hope so. Iam no expert iam still trying to get my edge figured out. Do u Think iam in trouble or am i gona have xmas money. Oh i hope i can pull this off if not my wonderful. Wife is gona be ****ed . Should have kept my mouth shut i guess. Any works of advice

Nobody's perfect, but the first best advice I can offer is spell check. :D

You could very well be in trouble when you make bets with people you don't know and don't know how well they shoot.

I hunted a property in MO for years. The guy that owned it uses a 30.06 and factory 125 grain bullets. One year they showed me a ridge where he killed a buck, and where he was parked in his truck from where he shot it. I said NO WAY. I took out my range finder and it was 800 yards on the nose.

I "bet" him a case of beer he couldn't repeat that shot on paper. By golly he did. He just knows how to hold over. Had I bet him a dollar per yard, I would have had to pay up.

I hear u. I type on my smart phone haven' t found a spell check on it yet ill keep looking. These buttons on my phone are dam close together guess i will have to start proof reading. Iam pretty sure this guys is going down. I better start practicing at that range i guess.

I typs ona ifone two an dem beg fingars uf mind dont allweys lan en da rite spot....specally wind i bee jerkin on da kork! I due beleeve u bees en a heep uf deap chit cuz u bin runnin yo mouf whin ya shud a bin a kepin yo trap shet!!

2 outa 3 can make or break ya:D
Practice,video, never EVER say anything to the FIL you dont want repeated and most important learn to say YES DEAR and mean it!

Might be worth knocking off a few hours early and getting you poop in a group. I doubt that he can shoot that far very well, but... he could very well have a bench set up outside his living room with gongs to 2k. Make sure his name isnt Jeff.

His name isn' t jeff thank goodness. Iam gona go practice this weekend and see what kinda group i can hold at thousand.
I just got told that theres a 1000 yard range near author neb. Thats kinda this guys stomping grounds.

Hell yea all good ideas my father in law told my. Wife hes been giggling about it all afternoon. Now my wife knows she said dont loose. I havent been under stress like this since i had to tell my fil his baby was Preg.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts