Funny incident from Rimfire threads

theodore

Re: .17HMR max range
One of the best shots I ever made was a p-dog at 413 yards with the 17 hmr. Only reason it killed him was because it hit him square in the eyeball and he basically bled to death and couldn't see which way was his hole! But after he died, he caught the attention of a golden eagle which swooped down and tried to eat the dog. I have never run 413 yards so fast in my life! I had to get a picture of that dog and couldn't let that **** eagle take him off. Luckily, he dropped the dog into some sagebrush so I could get a picture.

Interesting, glad to hear you got the picture... how abouts posting it.

Last edited:
I hate to be the jerk, but what the H E double toothpick is going on here! You all know that I shot that vermin last dECEMBER. Really, I swear, but it was not an eagle that swooped down, it was an honest to god fire breathing, camera stealing, dragon........ and he was big!

I hate to be the jerk, but what the H E double toothpick is going on here! You all know that I shot that vermin last dECEMBER. Really, I swear, but it was not an eagle that swooped down, it was an honest to god fire breathing, camera stealing, dragon........ and he was big!

LOL

I'm confused-"...he was big!". Were you referring to your trophy or the dragon?

rooster740, Don't exaggerate, we all know Prairie Dogs are underground in December. **** camera's, everytime you have a once in a lifetime shot the battery is dead.

You guys crack me up. :D
Im sure the mighty 17 wouldve barked again to snuff the draggon......had there been a proper backstop for the bullett.....then he'd had time to go to town to get batteries for the recovered camera and get pics of it. I here those 17's are great fire breathing draggon medicine. too bad it wasnt in the cards. wouldve made a great threadstarter combining all three posts that is. haha

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.