Fun stuff to shoot at.

Try the want adds there are a lot of adds for A free cat or dog to a good home. a small cat is about the same size as a PD and no need for clean up they are biodegradable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know it's not too creative or sexy.........but I like rocks. Plain old rocks. There are likely already tons there. You can set-em atop posts and rails.....pick various sizes.....hang them from cords-twine. Old onion and potato bags hold them nicely too. They puff debris......sometimes shatter......create ricochets. Best of all....no need to clean em up.....or even take them there.

[ QUOTE ]
This summer/fall try to find some water melons, very impressive when hit

[/ QUOTE ]

I can attest to that. I have a friend that has the ability to shoot up to 200yds on his property (I know it short, but we do what we can) and he has what we refer to as the "Target Garden". Every spring he plants Beef Eater Tomatoes, watermelons, Squash and Zucchini. By Mid to late summer, we have litterally hundreds of targets available for shooitng and most of them create violent exposions with the thin jacketed varmint bullets that we are shooting out of our 22 and 243 caliber rifles. Squash and Zucchini make decent explosions, but the Tomatoes and Watermelons are the real show pieces.

We try and shoot at these from real world hunting positions using only bipods, monopods, and other field techniques. It's absolutely amazing just how violent a Watermelon will explode from a .223, leaving just small pieces behind. When the sun is right, the mist is impressive. Tomatoes are quite explosive too, although, I am not sure how tough of a target that would be at distances past 250yds.

The 1 gallon plastic milk jugs and The Aquafina water bottles (1 liter) work quite well too. In the winter, save every milk jug and water bottle that you and your family uses. You would be surprised at how much you can save in a few short months. It makes for a great spring time shoot. One thing about the clear water bottles. If the wrapping is off of them they are almost invisible at long ranges. I would imagine even the opaque milk jugs would be very hard to see at distances past 400yds. We tie off some flagging tape to the bottles and jugs so we can pick them up in the scope easier.

There are plenty of targets out there growing and sitting in someone's trash that are readily available to use for next to nothing in price.

Where did you guys dig this old post up? My original post is 2 years old. Someone must have been bored or just discovered the search tool.

I have shot tannerite. It really is impressive. I don't know how hard it is to clean up because I could never find any of the container. Check out their website they had a video if I remember right. I also remember a post that had a link to a video.

I like to shoot golf balls that I find every now and then. They really take off when shot threw the center.

[ QUOTE ]
Only silver boolits will put em down for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got me some of them 'werewolf' boolits! Maybe instead of shooting chucks this weekend, I should hunt some liberals....would hunting near a Starbucks or a granola store constitute hunting over bait? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts