Full length sizing VS neck sizing

So you're saying that the only time you would FL resize is for the initial sizing prior to fire forming then only neck size after that?(or partial neck size)
I have not FL sized cases since my reloading class in 1975 (when I was 12yrs old).

If brass is new, there should be no reason to body size it until the brass is fire formed to stable -with your chamber.
It can take 3 shots to reach stable, I neck size only for this. Then you have a point of assessment and deliberate action.
Take a couple culled cases, that were fire formed with the rest, and see what your body sizing die (or your FL die) is doing to it.
Does it suit your sizing plan?

If not for me, this is where I send a few FF'd cases to a custom die maker, along with MY sizing plan. He can alter my die, maybe, or make one, I don't care. My sizing plan includes .001" shoulder bumping and .125" partial length neck sizing to .001" cal interference (base line).
A bushing approach for necks works really good here, as it provides local adjustment. My neck tension is adjusted through LENGTH of neck sizing. I use custom body dies for bumping (bump dies).
For this, the bump die supports the entire case body with a slight squeeze (within springback) while yielding shoulder only.

With this minimal sizing and conditions mentioned earlier, my cases last forever, with stable static/dynamic capacities.

I'm the odd man out here. My preferred method is to start with new brass or correctly FL sized brass. Then, after firing, I anneal and use a Lee Collet neck sizer after each firing. I test function brass before loading because I hunt with all my rifles. At the first sign of tension when closing the bolt when test functioning, I FL size and start the process over. Been doing this for years.

There are many ways to skin this cat. I have yet to find conclusive, objective data proving any handloading method. At the end of the day, find a safe method that you are confident in and roll with it.

Normally you're gonna have a bit of tension after firing and have to bump back the shoulders just enough to have the right bolt closure and setback is minimal. My setback is .0025 any more a carbon ring is most likely present.

With this minimal sizing and conditions mentioned earlier, my cases last forever, with stable static/dynamic capacities.
High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

Well I reload from the hunting aspect. I want each round to chamber flawlessly. If that results in less case life or a bit less accuracy so be it. I prefer reliability over the other. I full length size all cases.

Well I reload from the hunting aspect. I want each round to chamber flawlessly. If that results in less case life or a bit less accuracy so be it. I prefer reliability over the other. I full length size all cases.
you can have both if you know what to do. Any brand of die sizes well below chamber case head tolerance, to below SAMMI specifications. You shoulder is up to you. .002 to .003 is plenty to have reliable chambering and extraction.

OK you'll have to explain this to me! IMO if you FL resize you're resizing the entire case, including the neck. With a neck sizing die you're only resizing the neck. So if you neck size then FL resize, you're defeating the purpose of neck sizing. And if you FL resize there is no need to neck size.
Now you can use a FL sizing die to partially size a case where it would size a portion of the neck and the case body but would not touch the shoulder or the web.
Many of us remove the expander ball, full length size, then size the neck with a collet and/or mandrel die.

Many of us remove the expander ball, full length size, then size the neck with a collet and/or mandrel die.
Well if you do that you are sizing the outside of your neck down to SAAMI specs. The expander ball resized the neck to the proper size for the bullet as the case is removed from the die. What you're doing is actually double working the neck isn't it?!?

Well if you do that you are sizing the outside of your neck down to SAAMI specs. The expander ball resized the neck to the proper size for the bullet as the case is removed from the die. What you're doing is actually double working the neck isn't it?!?
using a expander ball distorts the neck. Standard FL die ball/decapper rods are not centered unlike Forster elevated ball expander, even though they float they still effect the neck concentricity. A collet or a mandrel expander does a way better job.

Another option is to use a Redding body die, which doesn't size the neck. My FL sizing process is 2 steps: First with a body die, followed by neck sizing with a Lee collet die.
with the Lee collet you're stuck with .002 neck tension though. Sinclair or 21st century mandrels come in .0005 increments.

with the Lee collet you're stuck with .002 neck tension though. Sinclair or 21st century mandrels come in .0005 increments.
It's worse than that. You're also stuck with fixed neck LENGTH of sizing.
I adjust tension with length of NS

I posted what I do earlier but this debate will never be settled. All a guy can do is find what works best for him and the gun he is using. For hunting my performance requirements are 1/2" or better using a quality hunting bullet, pre-fit all loaded rounds for smooth feeding, as much speed as possible while keeping it at 1/2" or less. Load has to hold under 3.5" at 500 yards for 3 shots. I can get this neck sizing and my brass lasts forever. If I had to FL size to get this, I would. Performance trumps brass life.